Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BMW Sauber has been bought by.....

Qadbak Investments.

Autosport Article

It doesn't mention anything about engines but the they want to race in 2010. The powers that be want to expand the grid to 28 cars.

I don't see a problem with most circuits having the capacity for many more than 28 (except possibly Monaco).

Of course this maybe a mute point if a team drops out *cough*Renault*cough*.

P.S. I've never heard of Qadbak Investments. Apparantly its a company made of wealthy European and Middle Eastern families??

Does enyone have any info on who's behind Qadbak?

[Edited on 15-9-09 by steamdrivenhammer]

Comments

• motorsport-total.com has also stated that Qadbak Investments has bought BMW Sauber. They got the last slot for 2010 but they are thinking about to make a 14-Teams-season next year. Unbelievable-28 Cars on the Grid- just lik once upon the time.
  • more teams fighting for a smaller slice in a smaller cake, which genius thought of that?
  • According to Grandprix.com Qadbak could Stand for

Qatar
    Abu
    Dhabi
    Bahrain
    and
    Kuwait

So that'll explain where the monies come from then.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    more teams fighting for a smaller slice in a smaller cake, which genius thought of that?
    Probably the same genius that allowed 40 cars in 1990, no-one complain then. As far as I'm concerned it can only be a good thing ok if a manufacturer is doing badly then they'll pull out but the numbers will still be there. The only concern I have is the reliance on Cosworth, it would have been niced to have seen an alternative such as Ilmor, AIM or Nicholson-Mclaren given a chance to offer a suitable engine.

But aside from that roll on 2010 I say I can't wait.
  • well, as far as I know the money really was given buy some rich families from asia (whatever country).
  • According to this weeks autosport its the same lot that have just bought Notts County.

So I reckon they should appoint Sven as team boss.
  • REWIND, guys!!!!!!
    It's been sold back to Peter Sauber! No QADBAK involved anymore :-) :-) :-)
    This means it will remain a REAL team and keep its chances to do well in an unpredictable championship (also because, at this point, Heidfeld will likely stay).
    Dunno where Sauber found the money, still he found it!

Other news: Hans-Joachim Stuck announced Volkswagen are going to enter F1 in 2012, but ONLY as engine providers. Which is probably the wisest thing to do given the recent events and the problems big constructors showed in maintaining a whole team.
    This is the truth, actually: the teams have to be small and run by the "garagists".....the big manufacturers only have to provide the engines, like in the '70s and '80s.
  • Originally posted by manlio27
    Other news: Hans-Joachim Stuck announced Volkswagen are going to enter F1 in 2012, but ONLY as engine providers. Which is probably the wisest thing to do given the recent events and the problems big constructors showed in maintaining a whole team.
    This is the truth, actually: the teams have to be small and run by the "garagists".....the big manufacturers only have to provide the engines, like in the '70s and '80s.
    I think if VW come in they'll team up with Red Bull. They currently team up in Dakar, DTM, F3 & F2 so an F1 tie up wouldn't to be too difficult to imagine
  • Originally posted by manlio27
    REWIND, guys!!!!!!
    It's been sold back to Peter Sauber! No QADBAK involved anymore :-) :-) :-)
    This means it will remain a REAL team and keep its chances to do well in an unpredictable championship (also because, at this point, Heidfeld will likely stay).
    Dunno where Sauber found the money, still he found it!
    It's still to be seen if they will even get a place on the grid next year. If Toyota will manage to sell, their only chance will be one of the new teams to drop out.