Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Button WDC

Never thought I'd ever utter these words but: Jenson Button is WDC 2009!

Well done, I say

Comments

• Congrats.

Talk about dragging it out.
  • Congrats to Jenson.

Strange season.
  • the whole thing was sealed up after race 2. A 10-0 is rare in modern F1 because the cars are way too reliable
  • Congrats to everyone at Brawn. Nice guys can come first and such a fairytale for everyone at the factory. Honda must be kicking themselves. As Ross said, everyone (including the people they had to make redundant in March) should consider themselves champions.

As you know, I've been cheering on Jenson since 2000 and saw him at Barca that year (there was a promising Spanish lad in the F3000 race). I wish Jenson had sealed the deal sooner but I don't think we can imagine what a huge pressure it must be to defend such a points lead while the other (richer) teams are hunting you. Anyway, it doesn't matter. He's in the history books. Britain's 10th world champion and thoroughly deserving.

Its worth remembering that 12 months ago here in the UK he was 'yesterday's man'. The biog was all about bad choices, bad advice. Well, for once, he did the right thing and stayed with Brawn.

BTW - great race: overtaking, crashes, fires, Lewis slices up the field, Webbo wins, Trulli (almost) punched a German. Marvellous.
  • The way he was going lately I expected Jenson to give away the title to Rubens in Abu Dhabi, but he secured it nonetheless. He did a great job.
    BTW - great race: overtaking, crashes, fires, Lewis slices up the field, Webbo wins, Trulli (almost) punched a German. Marvellous.
    Don't forget about that new Japanese guy. He drove an awesome race too.
  • The knives are out for Kobayashi - he was very scary in the braking zones, just ask Nakajima and Jense.

I have just been at a sponsor's event with Jenson today and he seems pretty firm that he wants to stay with Brawn, not about the money, etc. We believe he wants to go back to the £8m he was on before Honda pulled out. He did this year for 4 and bear in mind Lewis is on 12 and Kimi 20?
  • Yes Kobayashi looked pretty good for a rookie, maybe a little rough around the edges, probably trying hard to get a full time ride.

Brawn did a great job, maybe not the best form mid-season but that doesn't matter now. Shame for Vettel, great to see that he was able to be competitive with engines on their 3rd race, if only the Renault's had no failed him earlier. Brazil was interesting though I don't have high hopes for Abu-Dhabi.
  • Congrats to Jenson, but I still think he enjoyed the supergap given at the beginning by an irregular car, and he was lucky that Rubens did not have any consistency and Red Bull had a 3-race black-out after Hungary. I was sure, at that time, that Webbo could have fought till the last race.

All in all, yes, a strange season, and the next one may be even stranger!!!