Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Mercedes switch out of Mclaren into Brawn

Now that should see McLaren do a Williams! Shows you how harsh this world is, one year of mediocre performance after a decade of dominance and that is what you get! Ron had it right, F1 certainly ain't no soup kitchen!

guardian article

Comments

• They may have sold their shares but they've extended the engine deal until 2015. Can't see much changing to be honest apart from the colour scheme really.

Wouldn't be surprised if McLaren bought BMW's engine program or finaced Mario Illians rumoured purchase of Renaults Engine Division.
  • And now on Bild and Focus they write that Michael Schumacher (!!!) would be the Mercedes GP driver for next year, siding his old friend Ross Brawn.

Apparently, the deal is for 5M$ to race in 2010, then Schumacher would become the Mercedes icon, as he's been so far for Ferrari.

Both his managers and the Mercedes team have, so far, denied all these rumours.

Doctors, anyway, still have to give their ok.

It's not clear if the other driver would be Nico (already contracted) or Nick (apparently "reserved" by Brawn) or Kubica (apparently "waited" after Renault's withdrawal announcement)......

I think it's just marketing to attract media attention on the team, I will believe M$ comes back to F1 only when I see him on the grid.
  • Apparently Schumi will be paid £7m if you believe this week's Autosport.
  • Rumors have been around for so long now that I wonder who's going to be in the Mercedes if it isn't going to be Schumi. Kovalainen?
  • Kovalainen has been confirmed at Lotus so if Schumi does not sign Heidfeld will probably be favourite for the seat.