Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Spa

Well, there you go. Is Vettel a bumper car driver after all?

That has to go down as just about the silliest driving exhibition for quite a while. He really isn't learning anything at all. His car attitude appears to be "I'm fast, so you should just get out of the way". Jenson was very diplomatic given that his championship has been all but ruined. Maybe the GPDA ought to sanction him?

Hamilton had the luck of the devil though. Could have been a Renault win, but for a few centimetres. Nice comment by Kucia though. If you paraphrase what he said, it went soemthing like "Well it was too dangerous to me on the track to make adjustments, so I did them in the pitlane where it would only be dangerous to other people". Nice.

Good to see Webber driving sensibily. He really does seem to be maturing (in his second last season). He knew that he had to avoid being behind Sutil, so took a risk (sensible), and knew that trying to pass Hamilton in the last three laps had way too much risk (sensible). Good to see.

So now we have 2 primary contenders. Red Bull won't be looking forward to Monza (unless it is wet). Anyone notice how quick they were during the wet bits in Spa? Most likely then that Maclaren will have a good lead from there, so looking more, and more like Hamilton, with Webber still a good show if things go right for him.

Comments

• Great race, great Lewis and great Mark.
    Alonso made a mistake but was a bit unlucky being bumped by Rubens.
    Usual stupid Seb, now his title chances are compromised, and he also spoilt Jense's championship. Button has not been lucky either in this last part of the season.

Now, unless Ferdy or Seb win in Monza, the fight is actually restricted to Lewis and Mark. if Mark shows the solidity and calmness he's shown so far, he can really make it, as on tracks like Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Interlagos Red Bull can really be superior. He's got to be very sensible again in Monza, instead. And, of course, we have to see his nerves and especially the team's (Red Bull has shown several times its lack of experience at the highest levels) when the championship will really be at stake. This will be decisive: a further mistake at that point, and Lewis will sail to his second title. Another important thing: in the last races Mark will have to be veeeeeery careful on Seb's jealousy, Seb for sure prefers Lewis to win rather than Mark!

• I think it is interesting that this went unpunnished, it's an interesting way of gaining territory at the start.

I wonder if Red Bull will be in as bad a position as they claim they will be in Monza. They were basically saying the same thing about Spa and the only reason the McLarens were faster in Spa was because of the rainy conditions.