Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Singa-pour

Will it rain?
Who chokes in the rain?
Will team orders prevail (apart from Ferrari who work for the team)?
Will one of the lower teams shine?

Comments

• If not for the safety cars there would have been no action to speak of. Bernie may think Singapore is an F1 postcard but its a boring track.

Ferrari and Fred seem to be sandbagging about their cars prospects.

They look good for the title, barring engine changes as they have used up their allocation.

Red Bull are still racing themselves, and Webber needs to finish in front of Vettel and Fred, and maybe
    if the Korean race gets cancelled he could win the crown.

It looks like the last race could decide the crown.
  • 21 points; its still too close for RBR to order Seb to play second fiddle. Webbo admitted in the BBC interview he is very close to demanding it now. He knows this could be his last chance. Its all about consistency and avoiding silly mistakes which leads us to Lewis ...

Way too optimistic at Monza and a little unlucky in Singapore but that's why we love him; as Brundle said, no-one should criticise drivers for trying to overtake and then moan about the lack of overtaking; at least Lewis gets stuck in. The Singapore situation was just a racing incident and I salute his 'shit or glory' approach.

re circuits: apart from Turkey the new tracks are awful (and only 32 people turn up to watch the race in Turkey, that great hotbed of motor sport). For Singapore and Abu Dabhi read "lots of tricks, no magic". Valencia is the worst of the worst.
  • Way too optimistic at Monza and a little unlucky in Singapore but that's why we love him; as Brundle said, no-one should criticise drivers for trying to overtake and then moan about the lack of overtaking; at least Lewis gets stuck in. The Singapore situation was just a racing incident and I salute his 'shit or glory' approach.
    Indeed, I think he's too much of a puppet of the PR crowd off the track. But on the track he's something different. I wish the grid was filled with guys like him. Sometimes it ends up in disaster, but I don't mind. I wouldn't mind a few extra Kobayashi's either. Heck, someone bring back Takuma Sato too.

About the tracks: the Abu Dhabi track is the worst of all. I think I saw more of the hotel than I did of the race last year.
  • I'm still trying to work out what happened on Sunday.

Fred starts on pole even though Vettel clearly is heaps faster. That one point doesn't seem to raise any eyebrows at all. Personally, I reckon they should mcall for a swab.

Moving on from that; where was Webber?? Couldn't get within coo-ee of Vettel all weekend. His fastest lap in the race was nearly 2 seconds slower than his team-mate. He did seem to have enough speed to make some impressive paases, but not enough to remain within any kind of touch with the leaders after the last SC.

Macca was nowhere........seriously nowhere. Nice to see Lewis having a go, but don't agree that he was anything but reckless when he turned in. I love his comment "Mark was in my blind spot". So what he is saying is that after all the time he is driving these cars, he hasn't yet realised that 'blind spot' means 'not clear ahead - don't turn in'. By the time that they got to the braking point, Lewis was no longer pulling ground on Webber. They were side by side, with Lewis leading by about 2 metres. Webber braked ealrier than Lewis (probably anticipating a problem if he ran wide) which meant that Lewis was 3/4 of the way past by the time he turned in. That's not enough anytime. It is really not enough on a street circuit. The deal with passing on the outside is that you have to go around, or be clear ahead when you turn in. Neither of these ocurred, and the came together. I'm not blaming Lewis, it was kinda worth a shot, but the airheads saying that Webber drove into him are watching something other than car racing.

Kubica was wonderful to watch, but it begged the question of where the hell was he for the first 50 laps? Rubinho had a very good race and must be well pleased. They could be something next year.

For me, there were too many strange things a-going on in Singers last weekend to make much sense of it all.

At least the championship is still wide open. I reckon you can discount Button, but that's about all. If Webber can win in Japan, he will be in a very good position, but if he doesn't, watch the money flow to Fred.
  • Lease,
    I'm not even sure you can actually discount Button: even though he's been both dull and unlucky in the last few races, a win in Japan, with Webbo not making it to 2nd, would boost him again into the middle of the wild bunch.

5 potential contenders for the title with 4 races left is something we probably had not seen since 1981 (Reutemann, Piquet, Laffite, Jones, Prost) after that we had 4 in 1982 (Pironi, Rosberg, Watson, Prost), 1986 (Mansell, Piquet, Prost, Senna) and 2007 (Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Massa), but having 5 is really amazing. Imagine having 5 or even 4 till Abu Dhabi, with the title passing every two laps from one hand to another......
  • Lease - about Webber. Yes way too slow, or extremely poor set-up, but why???

I heard he was in a new chassis, so if thats the case, he better to back to SV's battered one he was using as
    it seemed to work far better than Sundays.

I was actually hoping that Seb would go for Alonso and cock it up, and that would have put a smile on a few Aussie faces!
  • Alonso said Singapore is the perfect track to go back to winning.
    We know, Ferdy, we know, it was the perfect track also for Renault to go back to winning in 2008.

Guys, keep an eye on Massa during the race :-):-)
  • manlio, God performed fewer resurrections than you.

Can this comment really only be from a year old thread?>...

"21 points; its still too close for RBR to order Seb to play second fiddle. Webbo admitted in the BBC interview he is very close to demanding it now. He knows this could be his last chance."