Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Koryu

There is a scriptwriter somewhere typing;

Bernie gazed from the window of his lofty bedroom. The morning sun peeped sheepishly above the lowest parts of the London skyline as it made its way inexoribly to the gathering cloud mass that seemed to permanently inhabit the atmosphere above the city. His mind wandered over the days ahead. The drama that he had orchestrated as to whether the new racetrack would be ready had had the desired effect. At last count, nearly twice as much press coverage as the last one. "Must remember to check whether Charlie got the money through the usual channels" In a line of business where written notes were time bombs, advancing age was making it hard to keep track of all the details to be remembered.

"So where are we?" "Ah yes; five drivers in line for the chamionship". That was the hard one. So many little things to influence over a whole year, but it had worked out better than he had thought. A word here, a promise there. Tricks learned over four score made some of it automatic. Three races to go "had he pushed it too much on that one?". "Well, they all seem to have bought it anyway". Best of all, he could control the information flowing out of the venue in that faraway place so much better than other places closer to home. "How easy the track hacks are to intimidate. Their love for their credentials is so much more powerful than any tendencies towards impartiality". "Who knows, maybe there will be an upset with them all not knowing the place at all". "Maybe" He laughed, knowing full well that there would be no 'maybe' in this result at all.

" Now perhaps I can start to put more time into 2013. So glad to dump Australia. That hole outlived its usefulness years ago. The only question is Hong Kong, or Mexico?? And something nice, but neutral for Ron to do"

tick......tick...........tick..............tick

Comments

• "A marvellous read, once I put it down I couldn't pick it up".

Tres amusement.

BTW, its a beautifully sunny autumnal day in London town. So nice to have seasons.
  • Seasons, eh son?

Let's see; at my lovely plateau 820 metres above the brine, spring has most definitely sprung. Flowers everywhere, both foreign and native, with Golden Wattle absolutely everywhere. Last Saturday morning a cold front moved through and my youngest daughter woke me to tell me that it was snowing outside. Very pretty.

Now for some showing off:

Random Spring shots from around the house (can't show it all unfortunately - 10 acres, you understand)