Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

.....the long Interlagos weekend......

Incredible at Red Bull. In Interlagos, it's all against all.
On Thursday, Webbo criticizes the team ("They helped me mechanically, but not technically, it is clear the team prefers Vettel, I'm not in their heart"). Horner, o Friday, replied "Webber is very ungrateful and should feel ashamed, every member of the team has been deeply offended by his declarations".
On Saturday morning, Vettel said "It's clear Mark and I will never be friends, now I have the fastest car, and the only thing I can do is put it in front of everyone else".....if it's true Seb is not going to help Mark, Seb (racing basically without the title in his mind) may easily win both Brazil and UAE, and it means Ferdy just has not to make mistakes and he'll win the title.

It's clear Webbo will leave Red Bull next Sunday night, whether with the title or not. He may, apparently retire if he does not find another top drive. Which, speculations say, may be Ferrari, but Massa appears relaxed.

On Saturday morning, Horner even replied to Ferrari ("If we had Red Bull car we would have won the title in July") with this incredible statement: "If we had Ferrari's engines, we would already be World Champions".......just a few days after having renewed the contract with Renault. Renault-s technicians- faces today were quite explicit......

It seems too incredible to be true. I suspect it may be a stratagem just to cover the teamplay they're planning for Mark (they cannot do it explicitly after all the shit they shovelled on TOIT after Hockenheim).....if, instead, it is all true, the title is gone, Horner is completely crazy, and Ferdy and TOIT thank.....

Meanwhile, Red Bull have dominated the free practice in this that, between the last two races, should be the one favourable to Ferrari...yes, it would be a completely wasted title!!!!!

Comments

• Forza the Hulk!
  • Not sure why Mark came out with these statements when the rest of us already know the situation.

I think his target is not Seb but Helmut.

Anyway I think it could be a Vettel, Webber, Alonso podium, with Vettel covering Webber at the start
    and not even worrying about Nico, knowing that he can get him at any time during the race.

Mark really blew his chances in Korea. He should just shut up, drive and win.
  • Good call on the podium, Roo. Well, well, well, all the way back to where we began, in the desert. I've got a funny feeling it'll be the guy who won in Bahrain, if you can remember back that far ...
  • Well Mark needs himself to come first, and Seb second. MW=263 CV=249 FA=261
    If Seb lets Alonso through on the last lap (for second) then Alonso wins by 1 point.
    If Seb comes first (231 +25 = 256Pts) Webber Second (238+18=256 Pts) and Alonso comes 5th (246+10=256 Pts) its a 3 way tie!
  • Thing is that this is the end of the season, and there are some very tired engines out there.

Hell, let's just say that in the last race, both Webber & Alonso don't finish. There could be any number of scenarios to make this happen. For example if they qualify 1, 2, 3 again, and Alonso gets up to Webber at the first corner, the rush of blood should see Webber take him out. Could be as simple as expired engines as well. Then say that Vettel pits from the lead, and a wheel nut jams. He loses 4 seconds and Hamilton shoots into the lead. As Vettel is comming out of the pits, he gets outbraked into the first corner by Kubica & Rosberg who have been charging side by side down the straight. Kubica passes Rosberg on the exit and pulls out an 8 second lead by the time Vettel gets past Rosberg, with only 10 laps to go. Vettel makes up the time but overshoots on his first try to get past. He gets back on the track, but 3rd is the best that he can manage.

Hamilton wins the WDC and it is very possible.

There are some pretty interesting permutations though. Think about this one. Qualy goes as expected, and despite a desperate lunge, F3red trails Vettel & Webber into one. The race goes as a procession with the RBs 10 seconds in front, until the 3rd last lap when Vettel slows to let Webber though. Vettel, believing that he is clear in front, pulls back into the racing line, and his front wheel hits the back of Webber's car. Vettel has a puncture and this lets the long-trailing Alonso into second. The race finishes and..............................Alonso gets the WDC by one point!
  • OR,

All the drivers go from San Poalo to Bahrain flying Qantas. A blade in the Rolls Royce engine warps and shatters blowing the engine
    and igniting the fuel tanks. The plane blows mid air killing all on board.

As the last race cannot take place they decide to award points on seating position. As Fernando was in first class with Seb in business and Webbo in
    economy, then Fred gets awarded the WDC posthumously with Webbo in second place.

Just soooo many permutations that can come into calculation. It's only limited by your imagination or blood alcohol level at the time, LEASE!!!

Unless it rains it will be just the normal standard fare we've been served up all year.

I expect Fred, Seb and Web to be in the top 3. They all need to win then count on other results.

The most interesting will be a Seb, Web and Fred with two laps to go. Will Horner use team orders?

Will Seb move aside if asked too?
  • "Will Seb move aside if asked too? "

I doubt it.
  • Alonso the wylie fox is now hinting that Red Bull should be coherent with what it said during the year, which means....Seb wins in Abu Dhabi, Mark is second and Ferdy takes the title.

Many hints are instead suggesting Horner and Mateschitz are considering "tactical games".

It is also true they cannot impose on Seb to just stand down to Mark (what if Alonso's engine breaks 10 or 3 laps from the end?).
    At the same time, if Alonso is safely 3rd or 4th, they cannot get Mark to pass Seb on the last lap.
    Only thing they can do, imho, to save both the face and the title, is to get Mark to take the lead at the start of the race, with Seb a couple of seconds behing him and then, IF Alonso gets out, Seb can try to overtake Mark later on. Otherwise, either they lose the face or (worse) the title......

We have to remember another thing: Mark will have a new engine, both Seb and Ferdy will have to use engines with 2 races doen already. This may make a difference. And do not forget that, should our 3 musketeers all go out (imagine Alonso breaking engine and then Seb crashing Mark while trying to pass him....not an impossible scenario!)...Clewlis, winning, would clinch the title by 1 point!!!!!

[Edited on 8-11-10 by manlio27]
  • How sweet that would be!
  • Alonso the wylie fox is now hinting that Red Bull should be coherent with what it said during the year, which means....Seb wins in Abu Dhabi, Mark is second and Ferdy takes the title.
    And he's completely right there. But I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel would just all of a sudden get engine problems again.

I myself prefer any scenario in which Vettel loses. The finger just annoys me.
  • Obviously I'd prefer to see Mark win the title, but push come to shove, I'd rather Alonso win it than that other scruffy little boxheaded so and so.
  • Reb Bull are playing us for fools.

They took such a strong stance on TOIT and now
    pubicly state they will not interfere in the race
    Result. However! If Vettel let Mark through to win
    the title if the situation arose, that would be a magnanimous
    gesture.

Bollocks!

I'm starting to think some of the latest headlines have
    been orchestrated to protect the teams image and put in on the drivers shoulders.
  • Completely agree Roo, will be sorted prior to the race. I'd be watching his pit board rather than listening to his radio. Although if the running order with a couple laps to go is Vettel, Webber, Alonso, a message letting him know that Mark is P2 and Alonso is P3 is easily explained away. Then it's up to Seb as to what he does.