Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

V8 Supercars is Just good Business

Crikey, the AVESCO people are no slouches at marketing, and that is a fact.

not only have they got a toe-hold in the US market with a future round in Austin to complement their other overseas events, but look who will be driving in the Gold Coast 600:

Tonio Liuzzi
Gianni Morbidelli
Mika Salo
Christian Klein
Jan Magnussen
Sebastian Bourdais
Stephane Sarrazin

Way to make sure that you get an audience in a number of European countries.

This guy Cochrane is really quite clever. You can absolutely bet that they will be working on getting a leave pass for some NASCAR jockeys for Austin.

Comments

• Would love to see these guys tackle Bathurst, instead of a tight and twisty street track.

The interesting one in that lot is Liuzzi. I'm surprised that a current F1 pilot would be allowed to compete in another
    series by his team.
  • I absolutely can't wait for 2013 to see the V8's take on Austin. A format similar to the Gold Coast 600 sounds intriguing and should boost the popularity higher here. We started receiving V8 coverage here last year or so and it already has a pretty good following.

After seeing video of Button at Bathhurst I think that will be a goal to see the V8s there in person.
  • that's quite a line up!