Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2012 line-up

And finally it happened. it was due to happen. No Italian drivers in F1 in 2012, for the first time after 41 years, while the Frenchmen are back.
It was to be expected that Caterham would have had to dismiss Trulli (who appeared, anyway, to have lost his momentum if Kovy used to beat him ieven in the practice)to get Petrov's money. Certainly, their future looks quite grey if they already need fresh money even before making their debut.

Rubinho did not renew with Williams and is probably leaving F1 (and it was about time....). Certainly, the return, after 18 years, of the Senna-Williams-Renault combination scares me and evokes bad memories. Apart form macabre jokes, he's not his uncle for sure and I think the team is not gonna be any better than the last, disastrous, two years.

Am enormously curious to see the two new STR guys, on a car that appears to be very good. And curious to see Lotus as well as Force India.

But apart from drivers, of course, the most important thing this year will be to see if the step-nose will take a new revolution. If not, then Macca may surprisingly overturn last year hierarchies. If instead it does, will be important to see if the RBR intake on the step will prove to be a huge advantage compared to the other teams.

Comments

• got a press release from GCM expressing his worries about it. i guess it boils down to a lack of Minardi or the likes which would accept small italian sponsors in exchange for drivers (or was it the other way round?)
  • Well, not that Minardi excelled in valuing Italian drivers: in its last 8 years, from 1998 to 2005, the only Ity drivers were Badoer in 1999 (who, moreover, was not a rookie at all) and Bruni in 2004....Minardi excelled in valuing young drivers, wherever they came from. Which was anyway fantastic.