Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

China

What a race. Well done Nico.
Good to see Webber putting another one over Seb.
I don't think Merc will be sipping champers in Bahrain
Unless its in the back of a Macca.
Ferrari come back to earth, and Saubers nearly run each other into the fence.
What was Lotus thinking of?

Comments

• Goodness me, that was a bit hard to take in. So much going on, it was hard to stay in touch with who was where.

Full credit to Rosberg, though I think that Button had him naled apart from the Pitstop problem. From the minute that he picked the exact right time to go out in Q3 onwards, he just did everything right. Apparently, not only did he have a higher temperature when he went out, he also missed a headwind on the straight that everyone else got. In any event, a solid win.

Crikey, Webber is never going to be left wondering is he? Stuck in the first stint he goes in for a new set of boots, knowing that he will probably pick up some time on those who go in later. All well and good if everyone else is on a three-stopper, but if more were on a two, he would have looked a real goose. As for his team mate, life is a bit hard right now. I'm not going a long with the pundits though. Vettel is every inch a good driver. The way he manged his pace towards the end was absolutely superb and at no stage was it a given that Webber wouold get past. Compare Vettel's last 10 laps to Raikonnen and you get some idea of just how hard the boy was working.

The Macca boys drove well again, with Jenson ultra-smooth, and Lewis showing Webber a thing or two along the way.

Alonso drove his heart out........again, though this time he made a big mistake that cruelled what should have been a decent result. There is nothing to be said for Massa. His ultimate 5 second deficit to his team mate was somewhat flattering.

For my money Lotus and Sauber never really looked the goods. They were quickish early on, but couldn't sustain the pace and had pretty uninspired race strategy.

Toro Rosso were completely uninteresting, as were Force India. The Williams drivers on the other hand were entertainment meisters. Could have just watched them all day.

Absolutely entertaining race. Loved it. The boffins at Macca, RBR, TOIT and co must be working their arses off right now trying to get the Q, er Z, er P, er whatever fucking letter duct to work on their cars. They will need it for places like Barca and Monza. What if it is just a hoax and Merc are up to something else? Wouldn't that be a hoot.
  • Great job for Nico! It would have been more interesting if Button had not had the problems in that last stop. Prefer Button over Hamilton so at least that was the case which needs to change in the standings though.

Kimi at the end sure looked like the Mercedes did in Malaysia. Lotus and Sauber are quick at times but their drivers are bringing them back to reality.

The replace Massa stories will be gaining even more pace and rightly so.

Real good to see Webber take it to Vettel, not a given that he could pass him as Lease said, but that should be good mentally for Webber.

I guess we are on in Bahrain, don't know what the situation is really like there wit so many conflicting reports, but here's to a safe time for all involved.
  • Did you want to get your picks for Bahrain now Telstar? Wouldn't want to miss out (snicker, snicker).

Does anyone want to introduce a new 'pickem' category for this one?. Something like 'Terrorist/other disruption' Yes/No. 'Team pulls Out of Race due to direct threat' - Name the team.

Um.....about Webber and his predeliction for flying; one wag elsewhere suggested that RBR should start thinking about sponsor logos on the borrom of his cars. It was close, though. Very close.............

• This forum is the place for incisive insight and let no-one tell you otherwise. Check out these quotes after the Malaysian GP:

"Nico not looking too clever right now." Another old hand commented the Merc "suits one driver's style ... Methinks they will be paying for this all year."

Brilliant. But is it going to stop us? Its too late now. Where's Doddy when you need him?

China:

proper Grand Prix racing and, yes, I even felt a pang, a twitch of sympathy for the old German guy. Must be getting soft.

Very happy to see Nico prove me wrong. He is not the new Heidfeld.

Hard to see RBR saving this season but you never know. Proper points accumulation for the Maccas.

On the topic of TV coverage, the new Sky package in the UK is excellent. Not sure what you lot down under are getting but the Sky sub is worth the money alone just to avoid Eddie Jordan. The new BBC commentator is Ben Edwards who is also excellent and, frankly, should have got the job when Murray retired a decade ago. Its sad that we had one great season of Brundle and DC together in the box; now they are working for rival networks.
  • We get the Sky package............for nix. Gotta love that.

I think this season will be won by a merc engine. RB have good race pace and will
    show better form in the tight twisty tracks and fast tracks with shorter straights.

I still think Merc will finish behind Macca and RB. And just maybe this could be a season
    where the winner will be track specific like in 2010.
  • Viges, I refer to my instruction in the previous topic:

So many subjects for discourse and since the season is so young, we could be putting forward wonderfully inaccurate theories to be shot down as things develop.
    Spot on I would say.
  • I think Webbo deserves some points for that wheelie! Lease is onto something with the sponsor logos on the bottom of the chassis.

Macca have been better at developing throughout the season compared to RBR so I can see them taking it over Merc and RBR. Unless Newey can react better than they have so far I just see them as an occasional threat that will be ahead of the Merc but mainly because luck is not on the old guys side. I wouldn't mind seeing him win one again, but know that his days of dominance are over.