Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

TWOTIT

Rumours about Webber going to TOIT seem to be ramping up again. You can actually believe that he would go there as Number 2 cum car setup dude in a way. If he did this, I could only assume that it has more to do with his aspirations after driving than anything else.

So begs the question, how many drivers have steered for both Italian teams??? I know Fisichella did, but who else?

Comments

• There a bloke called Fernando he's the most obvious.

There are three other drivers that I can think of, one is Alboreto

For the purpose of stimulating some posting I'll leave it at that for now.
  • Luca. Disastrously ...
  • I reckon Webber will be at RB 1 more year. Next year will be his last. I think Seb will be lost without his input.

I hope he goes to Ferrari.
  • Dohhhhhh!!!!! Fred!!

So what do we have:

Alonso

Fisichella

Badoer

More....???

The Webber rumour is starting to hit mainstream, with suggestions that a 'pre-agreement' has been signed. No denials from TOIT yet, or RBR for that matter.

You can certainly see why TOIT weould like the idea. They get a set up man to help them get their car sorted, and if he agrees to let Fred through when necessary, then all are happy. If anyone recalls, when Schumaker went to TOIT, they were in a similar situation to now (except he was also a registered genius by then), in-so-far as the development program was geared around his informed feedback.

From Webber's point of view, I think that at this stage he probably knows that the WDC opp was two years ago, so driving for the legend must have some appeal. Wonder if he will take his mechanic with him as they seem to have a fairly special relationship. I also continue to think that for Mark, there is life in F1 after the driving is done (he still owns a GP3 team doesn't he?).

Take that speculation way too far, and you find a link between TOIT and Toro Rosso, and therefore a link between TOIT and RBR. What if this is all about a long-term plan to get a new talent into the RBR (though Daniel & Jean-Eric could hardly fir that bill at the moment), whilst also offloading Toro Rosso as a Webber/TOIT 'B' team?

Webber Ferrari Minardi anyone????

[Edited on 1-5-12 by Lease]
  • I really don't think Fred needs someone to help him with set-up. Perez all the way for Massa's place.

Back to Minardi, (like Jumpey said) Alboreto.

Morbidelli.
  • And another one wnt close: Nannini, who, then, "told the Ferrari to fuck off"!!!:-)