Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

30 years ago Gilles

We never forget you legendary champion!!!

Today Ferrary organized a memorial in Fiorano, with Jacques driving the 1979 Ferrari 312T4 of his father and Jody Scheckter, with widow Joanna and daughter Melanie also present, along with Ferrari chairman Montezemolo, eng. Forghieri and other of his friends and mechanics.
Plus, in Modena, Giacobazzi wine family (his main sponsor in those years) they organized an exhibition with many of his memorabilia, including the last helmet and the steering wheel and a flap from the Zolder car....

Time flies. it's 30 years from that tragical flight in Zolder, and the babies who were born the day of Senna's death are now applying for their driving license......

Comments

• Definitely!

Whenever I see that footage I think of what a sesnseless and stupid way to go it was. I suppose that was him though. He was in a car, so he had to go as fast as he could. It is also a reminder of how the cars have changed. In the modern era, he probably wouldn't have had a scratch on him.