Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

SEASON 2019

So now it is 19 years after Y2K. All good so far.

I have to say that I am a bit keen to see what happens this year. At this point - before pre-season testing blows it all apart - there are some pretty interesting potentialities. Sauber is going well, and likely to improve with Kimi there (unless he really is in pre-retirement). Force India is under new management, and that management appears to have a few bucks. They have a good driver in Perez, and a not hopeless driver in Stroll, so who knows? Mercedes are an interesting packet. How much motivation will Hamilton actually have this year, I wonder? Valteri has proven to be somewhat brittle mentally, and uninspiring in every way. Imagine if he won the WC? yay........yawn........great. Ferrari look to have at the very least, a really interesting driver battle. I am predicting MAJOR blow-ups in that team. Gosh, you have the Vettel/Leclerc thing, and then you have the new team principal, who will have the usual Ferrari win or fired approach to motivation in place. The same over at Red bull, where there are way too many egos to deal with. I mean you have Max, Pierre, AND Helmut. That will be something to watch. Lot of speculation around about the Honda. I am hoping that it will have enough horsepower to keep up, but be so brittle that it fails every second race. I want to watch Max trying to keep it together when that happens. He just doesn't have the skills to hold his frustration in for more than a month, or two. Renault have made some bold statements over the summer, but one truly wonders how much they could make, given that in 4 years, they haven't managed to find an engine that works in the current formula. Still, they have solid investment, and Cyril baby has had an impact, so let us see if Ricicardo and the Hulk can actually achieve anything.

Nothing special to say about HAAS. I think that Carl is already regretting his latest attempt at F1, and this will be the swan song for him. Williams say that they found the bad gasket that caused all of last year's problems, and that all will be well this year. Seriously, all of their press releases now have sound of desperation in them. Just cannot see them coming back anymore. Even with Kubica, who was a mega talent back when, but can't possibly come up to speed in F1 now I think. Most particularly in that car.

And then there is Maclaren.If the Renault engine really is a good one, there is a possibility. What I really think is that the guy at the top has got the corporate culture completely wrong. As long as that lasts, I can't see it. Would like to though.