Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Crazy Americans

Today at 4 o clock the NHL has decided to cancel an entire season!!!!

How loopy is that??!!

.....Only in America! ;)

NHL calls time on 2004/05 season

Bettman has played it tough with the Players' Association
The NHL season has finally been cancelled after players and owners failed to reach a last-ditch agreement.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman broke the news after a final 1600 GMT deadline for resolution passed on Wednesday.

"I have no choice but to cancel the 2004-05 season - this is a sad, regrettable day that all of us wish could have been avoided," said Bettman.

This is the first time a North American professional sports league has lost an entire season due to a labour dispute.

And the Stanley Cup - the top prize in NHL - will not be awarded for the first time since 1919, when a flu epidemic forced the finals to be called off.

The NHL will persevere through this crisis - to emerge with a framework for the future, one that is fair to everyone

"We weren't as close as people were speculating," added Bettman.

"Through the decades and the generations we have faced a variety of crises and challenges - some of which seemed catastrophic at the time.

"The league persevered through all those adversities.

"And the league will persevere through this one - to emerge with a framework for the future, one that is fair to everyone - where players are fairly paid, receiving what we can afford."

Comments

• Hockey sucks ass anyway - baseball is so close I can hear the balls being hit in the cages all over the south!
  • which means that there will be an awesome line up for the world championships here in Innsbruck! too bad I won't be here:(

Finland- Sweden is one of the games they will show here; the US team will play here as well...
  • This sucks. The only plus is that since my parents won't be buying season tickets, they will be going on vacations and leaving the house to me.
  • the sharks being your team, right?
  • Party at jello's!
  • the sharks being your team, right?
    Yes sir, since day one!

I was thinking a private party with the girflriend, Quigs. :hehe:
  • Cool - could you at least secretly film it - we could put it up on the web and cut our cost for Imola down to nothing!
  • You don't want to see that. Not because she isn't cute but because I'm not!
  • Understatement of the year.

Plus, I though you said "girlfriends" - now that would sell. you on a solo op....
  • Actually, I might know a couple of lesbians... :hehe:
  • "Actually, I might know a couple of lesbians... "

hmmmmm..... where they lesbians BEFORE you met them ????
  • Just look how well the Paris Hilton film has gone down, I think shes made a bit of cash from that!!
  • "Actually, I might know a couple of lesbians... "

hmmmmm..... where they lesbians BEFORE you met them ????
    Yea, and now they're bisexual! *rimshot* :cool:
  • [quote]the sharks being your team, right?
    Yes sir, since day one!

I was thinking a private party with the girflriend, Quigs. :hehe: [/quote]

Sharks roolz (specially Nabokov)