Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers/Minardi New Sponsor

From Faenza:

NU.nl GETS BEHIND ALBERS

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS, February 22, 2005 – Holland’s largest news website, NU.nl, has announced that it is to become a sponsor of the country’s newest Formula One star, Christijan Albers.  The 26-year-old, from Laren, was formally announced as a Minardi driver in December.  The website’s distinctive logo will be displayed on the rear wing end plates of the Minardi Cosworth, in the team’s garage and on Albers’ race overalls.  NU.nl is the site of choice for hundreds of thousands of Dutch males when it comes to daily news and sports information, and the arrangement with Albers will result in more Formula One news appearing on the site.

“With timely Formula One news, we fulfil the needs of many F1 fans,” comments the site’s Editor, Roger Swagerman.  “NU.nl has a huge audience on weekdays, but by offering Formula One news, we add something extra for the weekend visitors.”

Paul Molenaar, CEO of parent company, ilse media bv, observes that the decision to sponsor Albers was an easy one to make.  “There are many parallels between what we do and what a Formula One driver does, speed being the most obvious one,” he says.  “NU.nl became the No 1 news site in the Netherlands by offering news first on a fast website.  Additionally, news on sports is an important element of NU.nl.”

NU.nl also intends to involve its readers in the Albers sponsorship.  “We expect to organise a special event that involves Formula One and Christijan Albers,” says Molenaar.  “We are not in a position to provide details just yet, but several options have been discussed with Christijan’s management.  Whichever we choose, it’s going to be fun.”  

Albers himself is understandably pleased with the news: “We already enjoyed a good relationship with the ilse media group, and it is great news that NU.nl has decided to support me this season.”

- Ends -

Comments

• sweet! :D

so, does this new sponsor have a website? :angel:
  • Good to see at least someone finally gets the support of the Dutch corporations
  • small fish no? never heard of it...

who was saying that CA would be joined by ILSE.nl? Or is nu.nl a part of ILSE?
  • GOOD news, the team needs every euro it can get.
  • RE. front page article:

my guess is that JetStar rented a PS-car forpromotion.
    I don't see this pic as an indication of a new potential sponsor.
    If you look carefully you will see that on the car is also present DrinkX and AluKönigStahl !!!!!
  • what I though to but nevertheless well spotted by Manni!:D
  • on another note: do you hyphenate no frills carrier (no-frills-carrier or no-frills carrier)
  • Further to that, I took some phone-cam pics of a minardi at Sydney Airport a couple of weeks ago that was promoting Qantas' two-seater ride competition.

It was a PS02 complete with sword emblems and Magnum logos.
  • RE. front page article:

my guess is that JetStar rented a PS-car forpromotion.
    I don't see this pic as an indication of a new potential sponsor.
    Wouldn't it make sense for Jet* to be on the sidepods aswell if it was a Jet* promo?
    Can't rule out a potential one-race deal, like a lot of companies did last year...
    If you look carefully you will see that on the car is also present DrinkX and AluKönigStahl !!!!!
    Would be awesome if some of the Hungarian companies stuck around, even without Zsolt's presence in the team.
  • on another note: do you hyphenate no frills carrier (no-frills-carrier or no-frills carrier)
    I have no clue what you're talking about !!!:o
  • In my view their aren't any hard and fast rules.

The notion of putting a hyphen between two words to make a composite adjective just sprang up and seems to be gaining currency.

I blame MSWord.
  • I blame Ferrari
  • small fish no? never heard of it...

who was saying that CA would be joined by ILSE.nl? Or is nu.nl a part of ILSE?
    It is, I think somewhere in the article it says that it's part of the Ilse media group. Which owns Ilse.nl :)
  • ah there we are, should read things more carefully:hehe:
    In my view their aren't any hard and fast rules.

The notion of putting a hyphen between two words to make a composite adjective just sprang up and seems to be gaining currency.
    It's that vast veil of uncertainty that makes English so fascinating. Just to make things coherent news agencies come up with "style guides" but they aren't really binding outside of the newsroom. In German, Dutch and to an even greater extent in French things are set in stone, even punctuation.
  • Noted today that the jet* logo has disappeared from the rear wing. If anyone wants a photo, email me... actually, I'll put it in the gallery on ozminardi.com, just gimme 20 mins.
  • Has it been clarified whether these guys are sponsoring the team or CA??

The impression I got from the article is that they were a personal sponsor of CA, rather than the team. Basically question is, is the money going to CA or Minardi??
  • Seeing that the team issues PR for this sponsor, I suppose it will be a TEAM sponsor !!!!