Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Can't wait for those Cossies

2»

Comments

• the new regulations cost all teams time, this years fastes lap at Australia was 1.5 seconds slower than last years, so Minardi will lose that time, but probably more since the all other teams(even Jordan) designed their car with more time in the windtunnel and have more testtime with the 2005 parts.

and even if the gap was only 2 seconds(wich it is'nt since the RULES have CHANGED), it would be a miracle if Minardi could bridge it.
  • he new regulations cost all teams time, this years fastes lap at Australia was 1.5 seconds slower than last years, so Minardi will lose that time, but probably more since the all other teams(even Jordan) designed their car with more time in the windtunnel and have more testtime with the 2005 parts.
    You are comparing the times from races under two different regulations here, but anyway.

In terms of fastest race laps most of the teams appear to have only lost 0.5 seconds. The new Jordan, in fact, is only 0.5 seconds slower than last year, with a more powerful engine and no new car.
    Minardi also have a more powerful engine (an even bigger step up than the Jordan's has received) and a new car (the first one for three years).
    Given this, the new Minardi should be at least as fast if not faster than the old one (last years). I am not comparing the time's of the PS04b because the car is a hack job so any information from it, is not relevant were comparing to other cars. The only comparison that can reasonably be made is between last year's Minardi, PS04 and this year's PS05. If the PS05 is 2 seconds a lap faster it will be on par with the Jordan’s
  • YES!!!!!!

the regulations HAVE changed and the new regs caused the fastes lap to be 1.5 seconds slower than last year.

and thinking the new Minardi will be just as fast as last year is more a thing you hope than a realistic view, thinking it will be 2 seconds faster is even worse.

Minardi barely tests(will the new car even be tested before Imola??,y that I mean a real test, not a 1 day shakedown), they developedthe car with minimal windtunnel time and the electronics and gearbox are also still a questionmark(the gearbox already fails with this engine, the new one runs at more revs)

if Ferrari and Mclaren don't win 2 seconds on their times from last year(every team lost time) than how car Minardi win 2 seconds?:get real!
  • if Ferrari and Mclaren don't win 2 seconds on their times from last year(every team lost time) than how car Minardi win 2 seconds?:get real!
    Because Ferrari and McLaren have a much tougher benchmark to compare to. Their 2004 cars were new designs that had been fine-tuned and took advantage of all of the latest know-how.

Our 2004 car was a 2002 car with some makeup and a few new bits.

Now, what do you think is harder: improving on an already excellent car or improving on what is, honestly said, a dog? Granted, we do not have anywhere near the resources that Ferrari and McLaren have. However, if you have seen the in-car footage of the PS04C in action, you'll probably agree that even if the only progress is made with handling, there is A LOT of time to be won.

I doubt anyone can at this point honestly say that they know how the PS05 will fare. However, it is 100% sure that there's a lot of room for improvement and hence a lot of time potentially to be won.
  • [quote]if Ferrari and Mclaren don't win 2 seconds on their times from last year(every team lost time) than how car Minardi win 2 seconds?:get real!
    Because Ferrari and McLaren have a much tougher benchmark to compare to. Their 2004 cars were new designs that had been fine-tuned and took advantage of all of the latest know-how.

Now, what do you think is harder: improving on an already excellent car or improving on what is, honestly said, a dog? Granted, we do not have anywhere near the resources that Ferrari and McLaren have. However, if you have seen the in-car footage of the PS04C in action, you'll probably agree that even if the only progress is made with handling, there is A LOT of time to be won.

I doubt anyone can at this point honestly say that they know how the PS05 will fare. However, it is 100% sure that there's a lot of room for improvement and hence a lot of time potentially to be won. [/quote]

there is a lot of room for improvement but the way Minardi are handling the design of a new car it is very unlikely that room will be filled. sure, the Minardi is from2002 basicly, but since Minardi haven't developed a new car since also means they have to bridge 4 years in development.
  • Steve makes a good point re testing - quig, any inside word on whether the car will get a nice 2 day test (not a shakedown) at a REAL F1 test track (i.e. not Misano)?

A good test pre-Imola is a must.
  • I'll make a call tomorrow
  • [quote][quote]if Ferrari and Mclaren don't win 2 seconds on their times from last year(every team lost time) than how car Minardi win 2 seconds?:get real!

I doubt anyone can at this point honestly say that they know how the PS05 will fare. However, it is 100% sure that there's a lot of room for improvement and hence a lot of time potentially to be won. [/quote]

there is a lot of room for improvement but the way Minardi are handling the design of a new car it is very unlikely that room will be filled. sure, the Minardi is from2002 basicly, but since Minardi haven't developed a new car since also means they have to bridge 4 years in development. [/quote]

How do you know how the team is handling the design? If not, shut it. If so, what's wrong with it?
  • [quote][quote][quote]if Ferrari and Mclaren don't win 2 seconds on their times from last year(every team lost time) than how car Minardi win 2 seconds?:get real!

there is a lot of room for improvement but the way Minardi are handling the design of a new car it is very unlikely that room will be filled. sure, the Minardi is from2002 basicly, but since Minardi haven't developed a new car since also means they have to bridge 4 years in development. [/quote]

How do you know how the team is handling the design? If not, shut it. If so, what's wrong with it? [/quote]
    it's obvious:
    very litle windtunnel time, very litle testing of new parts
  • How much wind tunnel time have they had?
  • Um.... Jello you're asking Steve? :hehe:
  • How much wind tunnel time have they had?

with Minardi's budget and no own windtunnel??

I think you can guess...............
  • Um.... Jello you're asking Steve? :hehe:
    Exactly. He'd be wise not to argue with me about this subject.