Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nirvana best of

Now I know this album has been out for almost three years(just bumped into it today) but boy is that great stuff. Kurt Cobain was a very angry man:hehe:

Comments

• The unrealeased track, You Know You're Right is incredable.
    Cobain actually laid the vocals down in 1 live take. Genius.

On the othe hand the remix of Pennyroyal Tea rips the heart out of the original.
  • as long as lithium is on there and a live version of "where did you sleep last night?" it's okay

very good album, reminds me of my grunge days:hehe:
  • After that video of you dancing RJ, I cant belive you were ever a gruger ;););)
  • that video of you dancing RJ
    How did I miss this :o

Linky?
  • Link pleassssse :o
    Best Nirvana album is the unplugged one. Masterpiece.
  • ha ha ha, that video link was classic! Wasnt it someone called Steven, a flat mate who posted it?
  • Nirvana is overrated, simply because of Curt's untimely death. If he was still around they'd be no more popular than Soundgarden or Pearl Jam etc. Still a good band, just not the gods that they're built up to be.
  • Nirvana as a band were fantastic, but Kurts death mean they have been overhyped.

I saw Nirvana live twice

First time they were still a newish band and they were fantastic.
    I hardly new them or their songs but they blew me away (even at about 11.00am after a rather heavy night ;) )
    It was probably one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Next time I saw them was at reading festival, August 1992 which was their last UK live appearance.
    Even at this stage, Kurt was starting to lose it and it seemed that the band weren't gelling too well, their energy seemed to have waned and was replaced by disonance and bad timing. :(

If Kurt hadn't died their reputation would have slipped and they would have slowly disapeared into obscurity.

Having said that I still love them :D

(but not in a girly way;) )

• Pfft, Nirvana. Could there be a band more overrated?

Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins had them beat before Kurt Cobain died.

Now The Clash, that's a real band.
  • Man, how long can this topic go on for? They sucked then, he's dead and all he left us is his crazy ass stupid bitch ol' lady to have to deal with.

The scariest thing is that RJ had a "Grunge" period.

Any pics of that phase of your life bro?

I'll trade you for my long hair era pics.
  • Now The Clash, that's a real band.
    :D

• The scariest thing is that RJ had a "Grunge" period.

Any pics of that phase of your life bro?

I'll trade you for my long hair era pics.
    Agree with Quig, but he scares me too :o

The Clash = My respect to them and TB7
  • could show the picture in my driving licence, but you don't want to see that one
  • At the risk of losing Yoko's respect, I'll go out on a limb here: where's the love for X Japan? If the Clash is my favorite band of all time, they're a very close second.

Also, Falco is/was the greatest Austrian rap/rock artist of all time.

I dare you to challenge that statement!
  • Der Komisar?

Hell man - the best rap/rock artist from Austria.....don't go out on a limb.
  • I'm actually amazed you guys remember Falco in here!:hehe:

I mean we in the West of Austria already had problems understanding the guy's thick Viennese accent!:rolleyes:

DJ Oetzi is Tyrolean though, (and no less embarassing)
  • For a couple of days this has been bugging me:
    Kurt Cobain was a very angry man
    Thats nothing.
    Zack de la Rocha (Rage Against The Machine) - Now there's a very angry man
  • I'm actually amazed you guys remember Falco in here!:hehe:

I mean we in the West of Austria already had problems understanding the guy's thick Viennese accent!:rolleyes:

DJ Oetzi is Tyrolean though, (and no less embarassing)
    How could we forget the glory that is Falco?

He shattered the Unintentional Comedy Scale time and time again- one of my favorite computer desktops is the cover of his "Emotional" album, it's absolutely hysterical!

[Edited on 3/12/2005 by ThunderboltSeven]
  • Actually Falco is the only Austrian music I can think of besides classic.
    TB7 you're on the edge but I still respect you :hehe:

EDIT: Rock the Casbah!

[Edited on 14/3/2005 by yokosuna]