Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1 GP

Like many people, I await the A1GP competition with more than mild interest. It has the potential to be a terrific world spectacle and I really hope that it works well.

A1GP is class racing however, and whilst that is a good thing, it does rely on very talented steeerers to make it a spectacle. Some of the signings so far are definitely in the 'Who?' category, which doesn't bode well.

The Oz driver is said to be the son of Alan Jones, who is also the tema principal. The young fella has no real history other than some podiums in Oz F3. It is understandable that National A1GP teams will insist on local talent, but crikey!, couldn't they look at any one of ten, or more extremely talented local steerers before patting Aj's kid on the head?

What a rip.

Comments

• I had the same feeling about Christian Jones as you do Lease until I had a bit of a look at his homepage - he's been off steering in Asia for the past few years and i'll reserve judgement until he shows that he doesn't deserve to be there.

http://www.cjmotorsport.com
  • AJ's kid also has a couple of Asian F3 wins, and a championship to his name...

That being said, the talent pool in A1GP doesn't look very promising, at the moment, most of the teams are going to be from countires without a rich motorsport background.
    There's going to be a big void between the English, Mexican, Brazillian etc. guys and the Turkish, Pakistani, UAE, etc. teams.
  • Go and get this months F1Racing Magazine - there's a DVD about the A1GP series. It's quite good, although i'm still not a fan of those UGLY A1 cars.

If anyone should be in that Aussie A1 car it's Will Power. I'm confident he'd wipe the floor in that class, only his dad cant afford to buy the team for him...:rolleyes:
  • If you want to see Power, you will have to watch the World Series by Renault this season.