Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Jos testing Champcar this week

2»

Comments

• Does Homer test today ?? :hehe:;)
  • No, but next week ;)

Well, Jos did a good job, well done. Also good to see that Glock was fast, maybe we will see him in F1 again....
  • Well, I always knew Harry Muermans was a rich guy, but I did'nt know he owns part of Ozjet.
  • and there are no tracks in chapcar that are 3 times longer than Sebring, Sebring is a 3.7 mile track.
    you really beleive they're setting 51s times on a 3.7 mile / 6km road course ?

they're running on the 1.7 mile variant.

HVM aren't even certain thet they'll be running a second car yet. Fingers crossed that they do, and that Jos is dude behind the wheel.

Now i know what I've been missing lately! :D
  • Like every team says, they'll run an additional car provided it's funded. I hope he has the sponsorship because I think he'll be a really good Champ Car driver.
  • A dutch driver finding an (european?) sponsor to sponsor a
    mexican team to participate in a racing class focussing mainly
    on North America.

Come on, how difficult can that be :cool:
  • first of all: it is'nt a mexican team, the team owner is Keith Wiggins(former Pacific GP owner).

and Eurosport, RTL 5(holland) and Motors TV are all covering the 2005 champcar world series.

BTW: Muermans also has some investments in the US(shopping malls)
  • It shouldn't be any more difficult than Glock finding the money, the RTL thing is what is making this even remotely possible. Anyone have the results from Thursday at Sebring?
  • Anyone care?
  • here they are:

1. Timo Glock
    Rocketsports
    50.96 sec

2. Sebastien Bourdais Newman/Haas
    51.15 sec
    3. Alex Tagliani Walker Racing
    51.18 sec
    4. Andrew Ranger Conquest Racing
    51.30 sec
    5. Cristiano da Matta PKV Racing
    51.31 sec
    6. Paul Tracy Forsythe Racing
    51.36 sec
    7. Oriol Servia Dale Coyne
    51.54 sec
    8. Nelson Philippe Conquest Racing
    51.64 sec
    9. Jimmy Vasser PKV Racing
    51.66 sec
    10. Ryan Hunter-Reay Rocketsports
    51.68 sec
    11. Roberto Gonzalez HVM Racing
    51.77 sec
    12. Mario Dominguez HVM Racing
    51.86 sec
    13. Bjorn Wirdheim Dale Coyne
    52.00 sec
    14. Rodolfo Lavin Forsythe Racing
    52.14 sec
    15. Marcus Marshall Walker Racing
    52.87 sec

The track conditions improved since it did'nt rain all day, Glock did a good job(again), Jos's time is still faster than Dominguez, even though the track had less grip on wednesday, so that's looking good.
  • Who did Bourdais piss off so bad he has not even had the chance to test for ANY F1 outfits?
  • and there are 2 places available at HVM, Dominguez is out!!:

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~28780~2780728,00.html
  • Who did Bourdais piss off so bad he has not even had the chance to test for ANY F1 outfits?
    I thought he tested for Toyota?
    He didn't sign with Flavio...
  • Bourdais tested for Arrows in '02, won F3000 in '02 and never got a sniff of F1. The Flavio thing makes sense,
  • first of all: it is'nt a mexican team, the team owner is Keith Wiggins(former Pacific GP owner).
    balderdash! hvm is as mexican as the jumping beans!

keith wiggins called me on his way to korea a month ago. he was in partnership with us in the 90s when he owned pacific with other partners from japan.

he is a minority shareholder of hvm (something like 10%). hvm is majority owned and controlled by mexican interests.

verification at:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Teams/Team.asp?ID=9
  • and there are 2 places available at HVM, Dominguez is out!!:

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~28780~2780728,00.html
    I noticed this article in no way mentioned his connection with
    Midland. This gives him the opportunity to race or test once their '06 car is ready since he is no longer obligated to HVM.

Although his backing falling through for his ride with HVM will probably hurt his connection to Midland.
  • ah well, dominguez, it's better to drive the a1 team mexico and get paid than to bring $$$$ to champcar eh?

http://www.a1gp.com/home.html
  • Pacific F1, sniff, I still remember Montermini being 7th at that one rainy saturday qualifying. what a guy
  • Facty - I'm certain the Mario will be one of the drivers for Mexico for A1GP, is ChampCar commitments shouldn't prevent him for taking part.
    I can't imagine Mario sitting of the sidelines for an entire season only to compete in a couple of A1GP races next winter...
  • Pacific F1, sniff, I still remember Montermini being 7th at that one rainy saturday qualifying. what a guy
    Yeah and also still remember when they fixed that front wing with a inmense nut in Monaco on Belmondo's car.
    Montermini was an ace, another wasted talent:(
  • Meanwhile, like a swarm of locusts, the Verstappen army has taken over HVM's Web site

http://www.herdezcompetitionteam.com.mx/CART2004/libro.php
  • Sad, isn't it?
  • Just fyi the Marcus Marshall dude propping up that timesheet is an Aussie.

He's mostly been a Formula Ford and Porsche Cup dude down here, trying his luck overseas. I don't think he's anything special.
  • yeah, with the deep talent pool in ChampCar this year, it looks like Marshall might be in a leage of his own.

I rate him red hot favourite for this season's "Matsushita Memorial Medal"
  • Ahhh Matsushita!

[Edited on 26/3/2005 by dst]