Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Klien out Liuzzi in For Imola

Seems Red Bull are giving 'Tonio the chance for 3 races from Imola

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=motoringMotorSportsNews&storyID=8090418

Looking forward to see what he can do

Comments

• After that, will they evaluate both drivers' prestations to see which one should continue??
    Or will they just let Klien drive 3 races again ?
  • This is a new one for F1 - at least I have not seen a revolving door of drivers like this before.
  • Its a complete nonsense. Really RBR should have the strength of their convictions and stick with one driver. Hedging their bets is going to create chaos as Klein can't take over the third driver role.
  • Last time I can remember anything like this was at ligier with brundle and aguri suzuki sharing the ride
  • Poor Klien, really has done enough not to have to endure shit like that. :(
  • Not to mention bieng out of 3 races will hurt his championship standings, currently 12. Will never know how good of a season he could have had without those 3 races.

Liuzzi better impress big time in those 3 races or it will be a complete embarassment for Red Bull IMHO.
  • I feel sorry for Klien as I am sure he was getting the upper hand on DC
  • Not to mention bieng out of 3 races will hurt his championship standings, currently 12. Will never know how good of a season he could have had without those 3 races.

Liuzzi better impress big time in those 3 races or it will be a complete embarassment for Red Bull IMHO.
    I suppose that after Liuzzi's races when Klien comes back, that it will again be for 3 races.
    After that Luizzi might race another 3 races, etc....
  • This is a crap move on Horner's part, as Klien's been solid so far.

Having said that, I'm in favor of putting Liuzzi in the race seat, if only because American driver Scott Speed is the favorite to become RBR's third driver!
  • Its a complete nonsense. Really RBR should have the strength of their convictions and stick with one driver. Hedging their bets is going to create chaos as Klein can't take over the third driver role.
    Haven't they stuck by their convicrtions by giving liuzzi the seat? The driver switch was known at the start of the season.

Only if they let Klien remain in the seat after his strong performances would they be criticised of not having the courage of their convictions.

I hoped that Klien would continue to race, seeing he has done so well in the first 3 race, hopefully he picks up where he left off when he is back in the seat after monaco
  • Yes jk, Ligier is the last time I remember this and it was ridiculous.

Klein has done enough; apparently Mateschitz is willing to loan Tonio to Sauber once they press eject on you know who.