Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Trust no longer F1 sponsor

Trust stops with sponsoring in the formula 1. this communicates to the company Wednesday. "as from present up to and including end 2006 trust stops definitively all sponsoring in the formula 1. this as a result of an exclusive contract closed in 2002." All initiatives concerning support of Dutch hopefuls in the motor sport are provisionally stopped. Trust regrets this development seen the future plans which were promising for young coureurs in the international motor sport. For new brio, which wants make the overstap to the formula 1, support financial is from businesses necessary, this way is read in the press bulletin

To bad for Minardi.

Comments

• Jos Verstappen boycottes Trust sponsoring for new young talents and important for us is the fact that Trust will not sponsor Minardi this year.
    I hope that Verstappen will never get a drive again!!!:spank:!

• Jos Verstappen boycottes Trust sponsoring for new young talents and important for us is the fact that Trust will not sponsor Minardi this year.
    I hope that Verstappen will never get a drive again!!!:spank:!
    Bullshit! Trust can sponsor any talent or team that they want as long as Trust sponsors Verstappen, that's where a signed contract is for. So don't blame Verstappen but blame Trust for signing that contract.
  • two guys with too big ego's IMHO, and this is not the first time Trust tries to put the blame on Jos, whlie it's obvious that both of them don't want to give in.

[Edited on 20/4/2005 by Selespeed]
  • Blah. What does Jos benefit from all this? Does he think Trust will back him now?

I don't see the point. He was probably trying to blackmail Trust into sponsoring him to drive somewhere, but this is just unproductive.

Well, 1 company that cannot sponsor, only three million left..
  • What we probably are witnessing here, ladies & gentlemen, is the result of a lawsuit against Perridon.

Almost a year ago, namely in May 2004, Jos cancelled his Jordan test because he didn´t fit in the car properly.

Perridon became angry over this, claiming he lost alot of exposure.

`Because Jos has cancelled this test, I feel that I´m no longer bound to our contract of exclusivity.´ Copyright by Michel Perridon, may 2004.

After that Jos said he would let his lawyers look at it, maybe Michel should have done the same.

Maybe Jos will get compensation, I don´t know. Although I´m sorry for Albers and Minardi, maybe this will teach Michel that he´s not God.
  • I don't really care. Trust has an exclusive contract with Verstappen. Perridon should have known better.
  • Trust no longer F1 sponsor

I'd better run off and tell my Nanna... she'll be so dissapointed to hear the news.:hehe:

Who cares?
  • Trust - An ironic name in itself!
  • Blah. What does Jos benefit from all this? Does he think Trust will back him now?

I don't see the point. He was probably trying to blackmail Trust into sponsoring him to drive somewhere, but this is just unproductive.
    Jos is claiming Trust just didn't want to get an agreement. He was ready to allow them to sponsor Minardi if in return Trust puts in some kind of sponsoring for him in Champcar.
  • But he's not in bloody Champcar is he!!!
  • Well, because Trust didn't want to sponsor him.
    Get it?

The deal sort of was.... if you sponsor me again. I'll allow you to sponsor the others.
  • Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel:

Trust has lost in court, and has to pay a certain dutch driver 200.000 Euro. Moreover, Trust has to stop with commercial activities within car-racing (in general). The judge has ruled that Trust has had the benefit of sponsering Jos and now has to face the consenquence of the breach of contract it has commited.

However: behind the scene's the lawyers are working on a solution which sees Verstappen to race in Champcar with backing of Trust or CO2 (wood investments), and (and this is where it get's really interesting) in the same time, Trust becoming the titelsponsor of Minardi as of the GP of Barcelona.

Let's hope for all parties involved that the lawyers have more sense then the people the represent.
  • Latest news on this item is that Trust and Verstappen are negotiating again for a deal to get Verstappen in ChampCars with backing from Muermans, Trust and CO2 and Trust in F1 as a Minardi (main) sponsor for the rest of the season.

Edit: Selespeed was a little bit quicker...

[Edited on 22/4/2005 by Rime]