Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers answers questions -Thursday Press Conference

Q. Christijan, you were testing at Mugello last week, how did that go with the new car?

Christijan Albers: It was quite important to have a test because we had the new car for the first time and we still had some problems, so it was really important for the Minardi team to go to Mugello to have a good test. The first day was not so impressive. I had a little shunt with our test driver, but the second day I was really happy, we found a lot of time in the car and we have to see what we are going to do this weekend. But if you look at the first time we went out with this car in Mugello (pre-Imola) and when we ended the test last week I'm quite happy. But we still have a long way to go and I think the most important thing is to keep on pushing and that's not only for the drivers, but also for the mechanics. But I think we're going in the right direction. Everybody is really motivated, especially also the mechanics - to work on a new car is something special again. We're looking forward to this weekend. It won't be easy but I think after a few races we will be a little bit closer to the field.

Q. What about your own situation? You've raced very successfully in DTM for the past couple of years. How easy has it been to change from those cars to the single-seaters of Formula One?

CA: First of all, it's quite difficult to go from the front to the back again, but that was a decision made by me, because I wanted to come into Formula One. Yeah, the cars are completely different. You can't really compare them to each other. I have to say the DTM cars are quite good cars to drive, but Formula One is the highest level and the most exciting car to drive. There's much more down-force, much more power. But from the competition side, I think DTM was quite a good class because it was easier to fight with one another and to drive closer to each other than in Formula One.