Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi vs Jordanski

The team must get their shit together soon. Jordan are producing an interim car for Silverstone onwards. They still have a second advantage over Minardi. That gap will increas after Silverstone if we can't make further inroads. The problem is that you don't make big gains from aero, thats incremental. Got to lokk at the mechanical side to find better stability in the chassis on medium and slow speed turn in.

Comments

• Yes, not looking great at the moment. Bloody software. BUT ... you never know, Dallara may mess up big time with the new bits + next year's car. Desperate hoping for that sort of thing, though.

This from F1-Racing:

"Neither Minardi finished the race and in fact the Safety Car had to be deployed to move the stricken cars off the grid at the start of the race. The Minardi squad reset everything and let the two racers lose two laps down. Friesacher soon found a gravel trap at high speed in what has been very poor weekend for him while Christijan Albers lasted little longer before retiring. Minardi seem to have made little progress despite the PS05 being such a better car than its predecessor."

Well ... Albers had the better weekend but this is a bit harsh. + software, bloody software.

PS was the typo of 'lose' for 'loose' intentional?!

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by viges]
  • :( :( :(

what a bad day!

:(:(:(
  • Anybody know why Stoddie wasn'tpresent today ????

When both cars were being reset in the pitlane there was a shot of the pitwall with Massimo and GCM sitting there !!!!!!:cool:
  • No i idea but it was mentioned on ITV that he wasn't there. Don't think it would of made much difference though.
  • Are the team testing before Monaco. Little chance of making the Gearbox or electronics reliable if they're not.
  • Stoddart was ill.
  • monaco will be a very difficult grand prix for all especially minardi.

reliability is zero at the moment.

we need to solve the probelms soon! jordans are still away.
  • Anybody know why Stoddie wasn'tpresent today ????

When both cars were being reset in the pitlane there was a shot of the pitwall with Massimo and GCM sitting there !!!!!!:cool:
    Forza!!!!

Hopefully the team can do simulation work on the gearbox dyno while the electronics department may possibly be able to analyse and solve the issues without any running, assuming they know the problem.
  • From Focusf1.com:
    Sick Stoddart skipped Spain

An unwell Paul Stoddart, Minardi principal, missed the Spanish grand prix.

In Australia for 'Ozjet' airline meetings, the team owner - with, he said, a 'flu from hell' - was ordered to stay put while on a course of antibiotics.

He hasn't skipped a race since taking over the struggling Faenza team in 2001, and communicated to his crew via 'fax, phone and email.'

Massimo Rivola took the reigns at the Circuit de Catalunya, with a little help from team founder Gian Carlo Minardi.

However, asked about Monaco, Paul said he'd be back in black and in the Paddock even 'if I have to swim.'
    About the Jordans:
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24391
  • Hopefully we are having all of our bad luck now.

I know I am putting Tiago as my fist out for Monaco so fingers crossed.

• What's puzzling me is not why are we doing so badly but why are Jordan doing so well? The reason we are still adrift is that between Bahrein and Imola they closed the gap to RBR and Suber (well, Jaques, anyway). How did they do it? They introduced a few minor updates, but the car they have was fundamentally awful last year, and only got a muletta job done on it to put the Toyota engine in and meet the 05 regs.

The drivers I don't think are anything that special - I don't think they have that much more pace than our worthy gladiators Chris and Pat.

Barcelona should have shown up any inadequate aero work and lack of local testing. It did for Minardi, but not for Jordan - they were actually quite respectable. If their new B spec does indeed deliver a second per lap, they should be occasionally beating RBR and Sauber outright.

Is there something going on with tyres - are we getting the same Japanese rubber as them? Did Mark Smith impart some great secret knowledge in the weeks he was there? Are the new management on particularly friendly terms with the Downforce Fairy?
  • Speaking about the tyres, the Bridgestone TOIT tyres are horrible - they take too much to start giving results (after 10 laps at least) !! everyone saw what happened to Shumy.

And we are speaking about TOIT, let alone what scrap they are giving to us!:(

yes I think Jordan is faring well, better than us - we can't deny it - we have shown no improvement yet and relibility is close to nil.