Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A sport for real men !!

Anyone of you interested in the Giro d'Italia?

Simoni or Cunego?
Bettini's disqualification justified?

Last year I had a beautiful (and tough) mountainbike-holiday in the Dolomites. Can't wait until the pro's hit the mouintains!!

Comments

• It's a sport for poofs that shave their legs all in the supposed aid of 'streamlining'. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and they all don't dream about doing Indurain 'in da rain'. :hehe:
  • The shaving is because of the massages and to nurse wounds more easily. But i bet you knew that already ;)

Poofs? Isn't that about the same as 'pussy'? And there is nothing wrong with shaving pussies don't they?? ;)
  • Poof = homosexual.
  • Thanks for not "bending over" to the homo lobby P1 - they want you to use the "G" word when referring to them.

I say call a spade a spade.

Biker - I try to follow it but it really is only on the web. We used to have coverage - TV coverage - of the big threee tours but now all we get is the TDF. I have tried to get Giro/Tour/Vuelta threads going before but to no avail.
  • What?? they want to be called fudge packers, marmite miners, sausage jockeys, rectum raiders, quim dogers, arse bandits, bummers,.....etc

Anyone else think of any more?
  • cock pirates, butt monkeyys, peter puffers ...
  • Anal avengers, hole punchers, bum chums, arse reamers, choc tops, chocolate donut makers...
  • You pillow biters are insensitive.

Riding along the Hearshy bar highway is frought with danger...

[Edited on 13/5/2005 by SuperRoo]
  • That's why Shirt lifters wear ribbed conndoms. They give better traction in the mud......... :hehe:
  • Unusual, in that she has a name for them.
  • Looks like a twin...
  • I say call a spade a spade.
    OK - Trailer Trash
  • Should I bite?
    OK, what the hell?

P1 is dead wrong on this one!

It's no poof sport!

When you're against the wind powering along underyour own energy only, aching from head to foot but especially the legs, your going to use every advantage you can.

Personally I haven't ever shaved my legs, and a few times that extra layer has helped reduce the gravel rash and absorb the blood.

Biker, I don't get to watch the Giro d'Italia, except for the odd news take. But I do still have a Giro helmet among my old gear.

My own cycling experience is a score of triathlons, including a couple of half ironmans, a several years of training in the KL traffic and 100km hill circuits.

Never been called a poof to my face, but I look forward to the day!

P1, we gotta meet some day, if you ever get out of that cinema into the real world!
    ;)

Spin
  • "several years of training in the KL traffic"

Sorry Doc, but that just proves you're a bloody nutter! ;)
  • You could be right Oz !

BTW my other sport, hashing (no drug connection there, just running around the countryside) has had several notable incidents this last wek.

First a week ago, our Saturday run had one girl lost in the jungle until morning. This is in tiger country, and she showed a lot of pluck surviving the night and coming out smiling at day break.

Wednesday, we had a large wild boar run through and with the pack for a short spurt.

Yesterday, we came across a 5-6 metre python with a girth as big as a man's thigh. Unfortunately it looked like attacking a local kid who's father dispatched it with 6 rounds from his shot gun.

These runs were all just an hour or so's drive north of KL, in beautiful valleys with jungle and streams.

Tough about the python which was a superb gold and green coloring and the largest reptile any of the guys had ever seen. But you really wouldn't want to wrestle this one.
  • More a man than any of us on THIS board.