Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BAD NEWS . . . POSSIBLY

Administrative cloud hangs over Toyota

A cloud of red tape has descended on the Toyota team and it could theoretically lose its first F1 podium finishes according to a report in June's F1 Racing magazine. The report claims that Toyota failed to get their competition licence and F1 Superlicence paperwork in place until after the San Marino Grand Prix which means that in theory they could lose the points they scored in the first four races of the season.
If that becomes the case then questions will have to be asked over why they were allowed to compete without the requisite papers. All teams are required to have these documents in place to take part in races. There is also speculation that the absence of this paperwork was the reason Toyota decided to back down in their FIA Court of Appeal hearing against Ralf Schumacher's 25-second penalty for dangerous driving in the pit lane at San Marino.

The FIA is apparently investigating the issue though it seems curious why this would only come to light at this stage of the season and not earlier when the Toyota team would presumably have needed to show the papers in order to compete.

At the heart of the issue is the lack of a national racing licence from German motor racing authorities, which the team now has in place

taken from www.f1racing.net

They've broken the rules and should have their points stripped from them. But i'd prefer it if they didn't If you look at the Bahrain grand prix results. You'll know why.

:spank:

Comments

• Fuck :o
  • I'm not gonna look back at the results, but I can imagine that the Jordan's would get points !!!!
  • Correct. Narain Karthikeyan 10th position.
  • It would be bad news for F1 in general. Yet another team to lose all their points, and have Renault even further ahead in the lead? Might as well just start the season over from scratch.

Ravlen
  • It would hardly be toyotas fault, surely. Their intention and legality to enter the 2005 season could never have been in doubt. If the prerequisite paperwork is not in place then the administration is at fault. I am sure the signatures can be placed on the right bits of paper without too many hassles.

• It is now over two months since the start of the championship.

IMHO its too late if the FIA has a problem.
    It should have raised the situation much earlier.:rolleyes:

• Most people would think that after the stewards make a decision that it would be too late too ;)

Ravlen
  • nothing will happen because they would have to amend every single result in F1 since Toyota joined. Its the FIA's fault. Should have checked the license when Toyota started.
  • nothing will happen because they would have to amend every single result in F1 since Toyota joined. Its the FIA's fault. Should have checked the license when Toyota started.
    Wouldn't that mean that Alex Yoong would get a point for Melbourne 2002 if that happened?

[Edited on 17/5/2005 by Bantamtim]
  • YES !!!

Go Yoong !!!:D
  • It'll never happen.

The biggest idiots in all of this are the FIA.

Bloody flippers they don't even have their paper work in order.
  • FIA have announced no punishment

(but if it would, then Zsolt wouldve picked up 2 points in last years Monaco GP!)