Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi to help young Italian drivers

From Autosport -
The Italian Automobile Club has reached an agreement with the Minardi Formula One team that will help young drivers in Italy.

The ACI-CSAI - the Sport Commission of the Italian Automobile Club - has reached a deal which will see two Italian drivers, aged between 18 and 21, taking part in a testing session at the Vallelunga circuit from November 21 to 24, driving Minardi's F1 car.

The drivers will be chosen based on the results achieved this season in national or international championships.

The commission choosing them will be presided by Gino Macaluso (CSAI president), and will include team founder Giancarlo Minardi and Alfredo Scala, director of the Vallelunga track.

"This long-awaited initiative represents a further step in the development of our 'Progetto Giovani' (Youth Project)," said Macaluso.

"It's a project designed by ACI-CSAI in order to build a new generation of drivers, who will be ambassadors and will carry on with the prestigious Italian motor racing heritage."

Comments

• You just beat me to it, Ger !!!;)

If Bruni keeps on winning in GP2, he might just win a test in a Minardi !!!!!:P
  • That would be sweet!
  • He'd love it.
  • shouldn't some Italian big sponsors give a little help to the Faenza squad?;)
  • I would say we should get a football team. eg AC Milan to give us money but most Italian teams are in debt. Shows Minardi are better than them.
  • What's so new about this? Hasn't Minardi always been supporting young Italian drivers?
  • This is a cooperation between Minardi, the federation and the Vallelunga circuit !!!

I hope GCM asked for a clause in the contract that says that the Minardi F1 Team can test FOR FREE AND WHENEVER THEY WANT at Vallelunga !!!!!