Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Rubens grows balls

The buddy act is over - he has formally complained to Todt for Schumi's last lap lunge out of the tunnel - it would've been a crash if RB hadn't taken avoiding action.

Typical Schumi red mist then almost killed his brother on the dash to the line - Ralf also had to take avoiding action and has branded his brother 'crazy ... sometimes Michael is not right in the head'.

Comments

• yes I also think Sauber will have some harsh words for his drivers!:D:D
  • That action from Schummi to his brother after the finishline must be punished!!
    Damn what a crazy fool!!!
  • see what kim and fernando have done.
  • Re. Rubens' rebbellion:

Now we can make a poll here to see who will be M$'s "buffer" next season !!!!!
  • last time I looked, f1 drivers were supposed to be race drivers
    Rubinho was a race diver at Magny Cours last year......he got passed by a race driver at Monaco this year.....
  • Sure, I love hard racing, like Heidfeld and Webbo at Monaco, but Schumi crosses the line. I know Senna did the same. They bank on the fact the other guy will take avoiding action. It is not clean and fair and certainly a 'recent' development.
  • After a few dominating seasons coming into a difficult season, I suppose M$ is becoming slightly frustrated.
    His patience is ending and he's becoming too eager to end up higher in the classification, so now he's trying some kamikaze actions !!!!
  • "Sure, I love hard racing, like Heidfeld and Webbo at Monaco, but Schumi crosses the line."

Simon, Michael passed Rubinho exactly where Nick passed Fred...... Nick banked on the fact that Fred would take avoiding action.

"I know Senna did the same. They bank on the fact the other guy will take avoiding action. It is not clean and fair and certainly a 'recent' development."

I understand that you are a frustrated "Our Damon" fan, but ya just got to let it go.............. and to think I let Quig talk me into not setting you or your flags on fire at Imola.....'sigh. Well maybe I will get that opportunity next year....I just gotta confer with me Yankee-loving Fenian about which European GP we will attend in '06 that permits open fire-pits.........................

BBQ Murph

• I vote for Spain Murph.
  • The Yank Loving Fenian will follow the faithful wherever he is led! Just let me know in time!!
  • are they............wagging me centuwian?
  • Viges, is there a pass at Monaco, or a majority of tracks for that matter, in which the passed driver can take his ideal line?

Schumi is a bastard because he passes during pit stops, and he's a bastard when he passes on track? :rolleyes:
  • Sheesh, Jello, bit rough on the kraut...
  • I agree with the calfornian gang.
    F1 is overtaking.
    Barrichello should overtake more and speak less. And possibly retire at the end of the year.
  • ps And BTW: After all the things Barrislave swallowed in these years, he doesn't have the right to complain, even if schumacher burnt his house. It's too late.
  • I'd much rather see guys trying to pass by any means possible than no passing at all. I saw a clip of the '75 (I think) Monaco GP a few nights ago Depallier being lapped and Hunt in third arriving into Mirabeau side by side Patrick gave James no chance to pass on the outside and The Hesketh hit the barrier. Hunt jumps out of the car throws punches at the marshals and waits for Patrick to pass him and his bent car. As he goes by hunt charges out on the track fists flying almost pulling him out of the car as he drove by - Fantastic! I think Schumi's move on Ralf was an example of someone not giving up and good on him. His move on the puppet does'nt suprise me one bit
    after years of having him pull over everytime he pulled up behind him I guess it was just a natural thing to do! I agree it's time "Barrislave" said bye bye.
  • Yes, that's fabulous footage but James once played dirty with Andretti and he's the man I agree with - along with Moss, Stewart and, yes, Damon.

There is a difference to between a ballsy but perfectly judged move (Heidfeld was level as they turned in, Alonso had to give) and just throwing it up the inside and relying on the other guy to be sensible (Schumi). He cannot and never has been very good at overtaking.

Murph, on the issue of the viges flags, you're all talk! Don't forget, Mrs viges is a Celt and would not be happy with the immolation of her dragon. Your decision, you seditious man ...
  • oh come on Simon! Schumacher's move was no different than Heidfeld's. If anybody deserves to take heat for their overtaking it's Webber, who didn't even make the turn each time he tried it and also caused Alonso to straightline the chicane each time.

Let's embrace overtaking, not shun it.
  • Hey Simon

I think Mrs. Viges and I can come up with this compromise......I won't be allowed to burn her "flag"......but as far as her "man" is concerned, it's "open season"..... and please bring the Lotus as Ger is looking for a new set of wheels to drive around the Killarny estate..........

see ya then

Murph AKA "the torch"..................
  • Ger, I'm open to offers as the viges-mobile is about to become a lot more sensible! (ie more than two seats, sigh)

Jello, I have embraced overtaking since I started watching F1 in the days of Gilles and Mansell! I do not believe Ralf and Rubens were making unjustified whinges as sore losers. Did you hear Alonso complaining about the moves on him? No.

Rubens move on Jarno at Magny-Cours was fantastic. Heidfeld and Webbo were fab (Alonso would have been penalised by the stewards if he had finished before Webbo). Trulli's lunge into the hairpin was worth a punt.

The key thing is relative positions at turn-in. Sato at Nurburgring last year was marginal.

Obviously we differ on this one but simply throwing it up the inside once the other guy is turning in is kamikaze. You will have caused an avoidable accident. I think everyone, deep down, knows the difference. Again, see interviews with Andretti and Stewart for clarification. From the top of my head, Stewart v Rindt at Silverstone was epic, hard and, above all, fair.
  • Sure, I love hard racing, like Heidfeld and Webbo at Monaco, but Schumi crosses the line. I know Senna did the same. They bank on the fact the other guy will take avoiding action. It is not clean and fair and certainly a 'recent' development.
    If the other drivers actually had balls it wouldn't be an issue.
    I'd love to see Schui try that shit with Paul Tracy :hehe:
  • MS would not have to - lapped traffic has to give way.

• "MS would not have to - lapped traffic has to give way. "

Touche !!!!

• I'm glad somebody got it!