Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

3rd driver theory

A few weeks ago BE met with from French dude from Magny Cours. The Frenchy was disappointed that there was no French driver in F1. Rumours emerged that BE was looking to put Montagny at Jordan!
>Today I read this at F1racing.net:
Doornbos to be replaced by Montagny at Jordan

Robert Doornbos will not in action on Friday at the European Grand Prix for the Jordan Formula 1 team. The Dutchman is likely to be replaced by French race talent Franck Montagny at the Nürburgring.

Rumours were going round that Doornbos had only paid for his Friday-drive for the first six races and that he had to find the budget to cover the rest of the season. Unfortunately Doornbos wasn't able to find the sponsors to deal with the expensive seat at Jordan. Now Flavio Briatore is bringing Montagny to Jordan to let the Frenchman get more race experience. It is likely that Montagny will even race the Jordan before the end of the season.

The Jordan team didn't want to confirm Doornbos for Friday's practice at the Nurburgring. "We can not confirm that Doornbos will be in the Jordan tomorrow (Friday)," A Jordan spokesperson told F1Racing.net
My theory is that, knowing that Doornbos is Dutch and being sponsored by Muermans (and others), he might be the reason there was no 3rd driver at Minardi. They might have known this and might have been waiting untill Doornbos' 6-fridays-contract ended to bring him over!!!!!!

A few days ago there was the fake Verstappen-at-Minardi rumour.
What if it wasn't fake, but it just mentioned the wrong Dutch driver!!!!!

So, let's see Doornbos tomorrow in a black, red and white car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Welcome to the light side, Robert.
  • As far as I know Robert still has a contract with Jordan for the rest of the season as a testdriver so Kiesa could still be the friday driver voor Minardi.

Theory: This GP Montagny replaces Doornbos (thank you Bernie) as the friday-driver. Next Gp's Montagny replaces Monteiro as one of the racedrivers and Doornbos will be back as the 3th driver. Line up for next season Montagny/Doornbos?

• next season... at Irvineski Racing?

:hehe:
  • Hey Rime. do you recognise this theory?
    Monteiro exit
    Posted by QS on May 26, 2005 at 12:41:46. react

Ik vermoed dat de Fransman de gelegenheid krijgt om aan de auto te wennen om vervolgens de volgende race het racestoeltje over te nemen van Monteiro. Jordan heeft geen geld om te testen, dus doen ze het zo (althans dat vermoed ik). Doornbos zal dus na de GP van komend weekend weer in de auto zitten, is mijn inschatting. Of ik gelijk krijg, we zullen zien.
    :o:o:o:o:o:o
  • It is confirmed, Montagny to replace Doornbos.

That racecontract for 2006 that Jordan offered was just a sop to keep Doornbos quiet!
  • Incredible news, Jordan repaces its fastest driver! Unless ther's some hidden-agenda (Doornbos will be present in Germany to 'assist' the team...), this is again a typical questionable decission in the finest Jordan tradition (Frentzen). But then again, I won't be supprised if Tiago calls in sick tomorrow... :cool:
  • Hey Rime. do you recognise this theory?

[quote]Monteiro exit
    Posted by QS on May 26, 2005 at 12:41:46. react

Ik vermoed dat de Fransman de gelegenheid krijgt om aan de auto te wennen om vervolgens de volgende race het racestoeltje over te nemen van Monteiro. Jordan heeft geen geld om te testen, dus doen ze het zo (althans dat vermoed ik). Doornbos zal dus na de GP van komend weekend weer in de auto zitten, is mijn inschatting. Of ik gelijk krijg, we zullen zien.
    :o:o:o:o:o:o [/quote]

Seems that I'm not the only one who knows how F1 works....
  • Doornbos will assist the Jordan team this weekend!!!!:(

That means my theory won't become fact !!!!
  • From Eurosport:
    Montagny: "It's a one off"

Renault test driver Farnck Montagny has insisted that his drive in the third Jordan at this weekend's European GP is just a one off, and that he alone will decided if he continues with the British team or not. The Frenchman will return to his normal activities for Renault on the Saturday and Sunday.

"This agreement suits me because I will be learnign the circuit," Montagny toldthe French press agency, AFP. "But for the moment, this is just a one off. We will work together with Jordan at the Nurburgring and depending on how things go and how I feel in the team, we will decide if we continue or not.

"The important aspect of these two hours on track will be to see how the car is, to see how much of a margin of progression they have in order for us to continue to work together," he added.

"But there is no element which could allow me to say that I have a chance of being a race driver at Jordan-Toyota," he added, precisely.