Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

It was gonna be his year!!!

From F1 Racing.net
34-year-old DC - who was teammate to McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen until last year - believes he might have had a shot at the 2005 championship. "I wasn't in top form last season (at McLaren)," Coulthard admitted, "but I was still able to be in front of him. It's fair to presume I could do the same
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Yeah DC right;)

Comments

• in all fairness (and you guys know I wouldn't sign up for membership in the DC fanclub) he is lightyears ahead of what I thought he would achieve with red bull this year!
  • I did not want to admit it publically - I actually started to like the guy. I thought all his harumping was long gone.

Now I can go back to disliking him again with a clear conscience.
  • in all fairness (and you guys know I wouldn't sign up for membership in the DC fanclub) he is lightyears ahead of what I thought he would achieve with red bull this year!
    Ditto Bud!
  • quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    in all fairness (and you guys know I wouldn't sign up for membership in the DC fanclub) he is lightyears ahead of what I thought he would achieve with red bull this year!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's only because for the first time in his life he has to fight for his seat and career. Where was this when he had a great car.

This was the guy who's first seat was a Williams that was championship material.
  • Yeah, that must have been easy for a rookie, stepping into a dead legend's shoes at a team in turmoil. Easy.
  • Yeah, that must have been easy for a rookie, stepping into a dead legend's shoes at a team in turmoil. Easy.
    Nice hint or sarcasim however, he stepped into his car not his shoes and with all those years with the best machinary should ahve done better.

This set back has been the best thing for him and has allowed him to find his fight.

Was it easy no. But it was an opportunity. MS stepped into it after 1 race with Jordan and did OK with Benetton.
  • Bertrand Gachot's shoes were a little smaller? :D
  • Simon,

Coulthard is doing good this year because he finally has the chance to race at his level, against drivers of his level. He is a good driver, but for a second rate team, not for a top team.
  • Yet again DC is off with the fairies. I take comfort in the fact he is Scottish;)