Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New Cosworth for USGP

It sounds like the new, higher horsepower, Cosworth engine Minardi and Red Bull have been waiting for is still on the way. According to the SpeedTV broadcast, it will be available in time for the USGP. I see no reason that Minardi can't regularly trounce Jordan, with this and continued improvements to setup on the new chassis.

Comments

• new cosworth, maybe. but does minardi get it as well?
  • Obviously the newbie doesn't realise it's Red Bull only.
  • He is referring to a comment made by the American commentators during the qualifying session. They said Red Bull and Minardi were recieving the new engine. What source if any they have I don't know. May be them just assuming both Cosworth teams are getting the new spec wheras only Red Bull is.

If it is true maybe they decided to give it to us for signing with them for next year.
  • Simon Corbyn, Head of Cosworth F1 Race Engineering

“The introduction of the TJ2005 Series 12 engine at the Indianapolis GP represents a tremendous achievement for Cosworth. This upgrade is a further step along a two-year development programme to deliver the benchmark F1 engine. The engine has been delivered on schedule and has achieved its performance and reliability targets. In qualifying for Indy GP we will have an increase of 30bhp & 700rpm - these represent the biggest gains Cosworth have ever achieved on a mid-season upgrade. Hopefully the Series 12 will allow Red Bull to build on the excellent results already achieved this season with the Cosworth TJ2005 engine.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    f1-live.com

I wish we could have this engine :(
  • Your wish will be granted ............. in 2006 !!!!!;)
  • comment made by the American commentators during the qualifying session. They said Red Bull and Minardi were recieving the new engine.
    Unfortunately, the SPEED crew was a bit too optmistic in thinking that Minardi was getting the new engine. According to one of the mechanics in the Minardi garage at USGP, they did NOT get the same performance step as Red Bull. Maybe next year. :( I asked one of the Red Bull crew, who was waiting for tech inspection, how big a boost they got. He wouldn't say. I asked "around 30hp?", and he nodded/shrugged.
  • What worried me was that through the in car shots on Pat's car, showed the thing revving out at very close to only 17500rpm down the pit straight! :o

Would've thought it would be higher than that.
  • Yeah, but when using lower gears in the infield he revved up to 18.000
    Maybe 6th gear is rev-limited to 17.500 ????
  • the thing revving out at very close to only 17500rpm down the pit straight! :o

Would've thought it would be higher than that.
    I noticed that too, but it wasn't only Minardi's. I think that longer gear just never allowed some of the cars to rev as high on the straight as they get on the infield.