Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

MCSF at USGP

Well, that time is here again. This year it is different as this will be our second event. Well, one and a half. Minardifest '05 was a joint venture.

Either way we will have 20 on the ground for the Thusday event in the garage with the Faenza gang plus about 4 more making it by the end of the weekend.

Total Club membership is at an all time high of 36.

Murph will be running the show on Thursday - he has been promoted to Acting Sgt at Arms. Good luck keeping the rabbits on the flatbed truck Murph!

Look back to this thread for any news or pics they get to me.

Comments

• i was about to ask

you're not going, emmett?
  • Nope - I had to trade Imola for Indy.
  • Jeez, what are you going to have to trade for Melb '07???
  • Body parts most likely.
  • I think I'm gonna trade Indy '06 for Montreal '06, haven't been there since 1997. Wish I could do both Indy an Montreal, and really wish I could do Melbourne '07.
  • Go MCSF Go!

How much Indy is away from your home?
    Also are all members Americans?
  • Distance between San Francisco, California, United States and Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, as the crow flies:
    1957 miles (3149 km) (1701 nautical miles)

Its about as far as you are from tehran.

Believe me I feel bad about it but I sold a few motorcycles to make thew Imola trip happen - worth EVERY PENNY. But to have to go into debt - big debt - to go to Indy just does not pass muster with Mrs MCSF.

• Poofter.
  • Dude - a good friend in Faenza just got word of my absence. i don't think it is going down well in Emila Romagna.

• "Wish I could do both Indy an Montreal, and really wish I could do Melbourne '07."

You can, sacrifice both Indy and Montreal '06 for Melbourne '07.
  • We will need to issue a warning order ...'bout now if we want '07 to happen Sarge.
  • The first group of MCSFers has entered the garage.
  • The first group of MCSFers has entered the garage.
    And? Update? Pics? Report?

Without you there to coordinate it's all falling apart;)
  • Actually there was a moment when two guys left the garage WITHOUT telling Bernie - he was flapping big time thinking he had lost a badge.

No pics as of yet - they will have to get back tot their hotel and then email me and then...

you know the drill.

So far it has been a resounding sucess.

Here is a bit of an email that was surprised that i was not going to be able to attend but:

"Anyway be sure that I'll give to the member all my support as they do!
    I really love all of you and my goal is that you feel part of a team when you are here."

Imagine what TOIT or Williams or Mac would do - trick question. They don't let fans within miles of them.

FORZA
  • Who sent the email Emmo?
  • Check your email.
  • First pin in from Indy is from Bernie's camera phone. He, as well as the others have MANY more but they will start uploading them to me when they get back to their hotels.

BTW - they just left the garage. Same time as many of the Crew.

• I LOVE THIS TEAM.
    :D:D:D
    Yes I know I was yelling, but you wouldn't get this kind of treatment from anywhere else on the grid.
  • I've gotten some feedback via the phone and believe me brother OZ you don't know the half of it. I am waiting on pics and stories as we speak.
  • Pics first.

Massimo Rivola - a GREAT friend of the Minardi Club San Francisco since 2000. Little did I know then, the first time I met him, that he would reach SD so soon. He really is the Nicest Man in the World.

This is a prep shot for a Team phot and that of the MCSF. Look back here for the final shot!

This is Group A - the first group to enter the garage today. The names - well you should know them as the Ususal Suspects.

Here is a shot of patrick being presented his MCSF kit by our acting VP Jim Kennon

Albers getting thesame treatment!
  • Here is a quick synopsis from part of our crew at Indy:

Emmett,
    We had a marvelous day (again) at 'MCSF Day' at Indy. Not to brag but we started the day by rescuing an elderly couple with car trouble on the I-70-Holt Road off-ramp, guaranteeing us good karma for the day! We had a great time with the best team in F1! We were all warmly received by all of the team, from the kitchen staff to the drivers. The 'torches' were appreciated by all, and we got several comments from the team that they look forward to Indy, to see what MCSF have up our sleeve.

Massimo seemed well & took the time to lead the first group into the garage, just to assure that we would be O.K.. He is very busy now & is clearly a team leader. He even told Stoddard to join in our team photo and he did right away, even holding one end of the flag! He was totally in charge of the pit practice, with the stopwatch, and the decision making capability to determine when the practice was over. The whole pit team looked at him after every try to see if that stop was acceptable or not.

All of the members got plenty of 'pit time' and we all look forward to the Friday outing at the Union Jack Pub. Our 'most outstanding new member' (a new category), Calvin Kim, was wowed by the enormity of it all. He hung out with MCSF all day, even though he had his own press pass from Cycle World! He wants to ask Schumacher about his motorcycles, but knows he will not get the chance. He will talk to Massimo about his cycle racing experiences.

Thanks for all of the help in setting this up from afar - we surely miss your presence this year.

We'll keep you updated,

Dava, Jima, Chucka & Rob
    Indy 2005
  • http://homepage.mac.com/equigley/.Public/INDY_2005PitPractice.qt

[Edited on 17/6/2005 by MCSF]

• I LOVE THIS TEAM.
    :D:D:D
    Yes I know I was yelling, but you wouldn't get this kind of treatment from anywhere else on the grid.

Don't know how it was this year, but in 2004 during the pitwalk, I only saw team members from Minardi going over to the fence and chatting a little with the fans without passes to the garage. Sure makes it easy to love this team compared to how cold the rest of the grid is to fans.

Also may some of the good karma of the group at Indy go towards some points for Minardi.

[Edited on 17/6/2005 by Telstar]
  • Fantastic! Man what a great team we follow!
  • http://homepage.mac.com/equigley/.Public/INDY_2005PitPractice

I see the Mac homepage with an error message !!!
  • Keep looking both here at FM.com as well as

http://www.minardiusa.com/indypics05.html

for updates from Indy!
  • Someone correct me if I'm worng, but in the Minardi team photo is that bald head moving from left to right with the unbuttoned sleeves on his shirt and paperwork in his hand, Matt Bishop from F1Racing magazine?

If so, do we know if they're doing an article for the mag or a pic spread??
  • Great pics and updates, guys!

Keep 'em coming.

Spin
  • Will you guys see/talk to the Minardi guys on Sunday? Show them a photo of the ForzaMinardi.com Aurora! :D Methinks they'd like the livery :p

• really good shot of massimo, i think I'll use that for the management section!

did you send me any pictures? (i'll have to wade through the spam on my Web mail because I don't have my laptop with me here in London)

brooksey, when will we finally get a hi res picture of the aurora?

sorry I have been quiet for quite a while but I don't dare updating the site at work:hehe: