Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

ChampCar - Justin Wilson

Justin Wilson is quietly running 2nd in the CART series into this weekends event in Portland, which he'll be starting from pole after sweeping the qualifying sessions. I've always thought he'd do well here and would be making a lot more noise but for some bad luck last year. It's doubly impressive as the team he's in has been basically built for his teammate, AJ Allmendinger, and the folks I talked to at the Milwaukee race flat out said he doesn't have quite the equipment that the 'Dinger does. Don't know about that as RuSport isn't short of funds but these guys are at just about every race so there may be something to it.

Anyway it's good to see the lanky Minardista leaning into the job and getting it done. I'm predicting a long deserved podium for the lad (I'd say win but passing actually occurs in ChampCar, so anything can happen!).

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by dst]

Comments

• Forza Justinho - shafted by the scheisters at Jag.
  • Ahhh.......no good deed goes unpunished. After absolutely checking out for the first about 3rd of the race Wilson DNF's with a broken gearbox.
  • .... and then CDM took the flag :D
  • Laughed when Justin said in the commentary box about how easy he was making it look, that walking back to the paddock was harder than racing the car. Nobody was going to come close to him until those gremlins hit.

Well done CDM.
  • Yes, Bravo Cristiano! Nice to see Kalkhoven getting a shower. It's amazing that whenever Craig Pillock leaves, success is just around the bend.