Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

motor racing photo's.....

Since there was a small discussion on photography equipement in the Imola thread, I decided to throw up a couple of images I've taken through my years of following F1. These pics were taken during the 70's.....

Ickx at "speed" at Mosport Park during practice for the 1972 Canadian GP.

"Emmo" at Watkins Glen...1975 USGP

Piquet at Watkins Glen...1979

Niki on the grid....1975 USGP, Watkins Glen

"Monza Gorilla" with his "tweaked" March 751, 1975 USGPimage

Emmo at Mosport Park in 1972

ciao

Comments

• I swear mi amico - you missed your calling.

But there is still plenty of time for a second career!
  • Awesome photos! That shot of the the Lotus with my favorite (after Mario) childhood driver is absolutely great! What a work of art that car was.
  • Yep, great shots! Stunning!

I also like the Lotus - it's a very beautiful car.
  • Where is Gilles? :(
  • In a place where everthing is DFV powered and fat, Goodyear slicks are the only tyre available.
  • Since there was a small discussion on photography equipement in the Imola thread, I decided to throw up a couple of images I've taken through my years of following F1. These pics were taken during the 70's.....
    Guys I had the privilege of watching Mr Murphy in photographer mode in Spa last year - on behalf of those of us wanabe photographers I say We are not worthy!!
  • a couple of Mario...on grid at Watkins Glen for a F5000 race

1978 WDC...took this at the Glen

Gilles in his Ferrari debut...getting it a tad wrong at Mosport park, 1977 Canadian GP

Watkins Glen 1978....Gilles is practicing his starts and laying down some serious rubber......

ciao
    :D :cool:

[Edited on 10/4/2005 by Clown]
  • seriously jaw dropping stuff:o
  • thanks for the kind words.......

here are a couple pics i tok in the '80's...

Piquet at Montreal...1981

Nige during the rainy 1981 Canadian GP at Montreal

Prost at the 1986 Detroit GP

Ayrton at Montreal in '84

Last pic I ever took of Gilles...he is on his cool down lap at Montreal in 1981......came in 3rd with no front wing

Lastly....for Salvo......

ciao

[Edited on 10/4/2005 by Murph]
  • Since this IS a Minardi forum....

Fred at Speed at Indy

Weber at Indy

Gimi at Spa

that's it..... time to clean and organize camera equipment for Saturday departure. Looking forward to meeting ya'll in "the flesh".........

ciao
  • excellent, excellent!
  • Great photos!!! look forward to meeting you and seeing what you can get at Imola
  • ... amazing, simply amazing!!

Stunning pics!!!

• Now your just showing off.

I would post mine, however blurred images would make me look second rate:spank:
  • Those two photos of the Minardis at Indy appear to be taken from the infield??
  • Wonderful stuff Murph. The standardisation of regulations has much to answer for!
  • Great stuff, MAESTRO!
    and thanx for the pic dedicated to me:D
  • Thanks Murph
    These photos are excellent !!!!:):):)

Is it just me or do the 70's and 80's cars seem to look more exciting and aggresive than the cars of today??? :D
  • Murph, there's a great feature in Motor Sport magazine called YOU WERE THERE. People send in their photos from the paddocks of the Good Old Days. Drivers preparing, mechanics, that sort of thing plus their anecdotes. Your photos are almost too good for this feature, but ...

60 Waldegrave Rd
    Teddington
    Middlesex
    TW11 8LG
    UK

Obviously they suggest sending prints not negs. I'd love to see your stuff published.
  • GREAT pictures!!! image

isn't this just the best livery ever? and wouldn't "OLYMPUS" fit nicely on the PS05's sidepods? :P

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by printscreen]
  • Those are amazing, amazing pictures. Like 'roo, my pics are all blurry crap thanks mostly to slow as shit shutter speeds (thus meaning the camera moves with the car) and crappo lenses (thus meaning the car is small and blurry).

Murph, you really should send a few of those off to someone like Cahier or Sutton (or even Heath @ F1 Racing) and i'm sure that you would have a freelance or full-time job with them within a few days - those photoss are that fucking good! :o

Hey, F1 photographer = mucho access! :D
  • Thanks again for all the kind words....... I was contacted about 3 months ago about my archival stuff and I have been talking to the good folks at Crash.Net.com. Crash.Net has just bought AUTOCOURSE so they are now into publishing bigtime. I am to meet up with them at Imola....the neat thing is that a month ago I was asked to shoot pics for them while at Imola. I will be shooting from spectator areas...not just the cars but also "atmosphere pics". I have been in contact with their pro F1 snapper....James Moy..... and he has given me some suggestions on where to shot from with the hope that I can help them add to their coverage. Besides shooting f1...I will be also shoting GP2. To say I am psyched about this opportunity would be an understatement! Thank goodness my buddy Ger will be with me...I need someone to carry all my gear!!! If something comes out of this..great.... but if nothing comes out of it..still great.....what an experience to cherish....... well, gotta run as I gotta get to the airport in a couple of hours.....leave ya with a couple more images....

thanks again for the kind words.......

and lastly.... for the "little" Salvo that will be coming soon

• I'll take one of each please.
  • Breathtaking...
    At least now I know we will get decent pictures of the factory visit + race + extra activities.