Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bruni!

"Gianmaria Bruni has won the third round of the GP2 series at the Circuit de Catalunya.
The Coloni driver started from second on the grid, but passed polesitter Scott Speed off the line, and maintained the lead until his pit stop.
Speed finished second ahead of Heikki Kovalainen. Neel Jani was fourth, Nelson Piquet fifth, Jose Maria Lopez sixth, and Adam Carroll seventh.
Xandino Negrao starts tomorrow's fourth round from pole position after finishing eighth.
Today's result means Heikki Kovalainen retains his lead in the drivers' championship, by two points."

When GCM say "... it's a good driver..."
If Gimmi win the GP2 season he can take some good sposor for next year and restart his F1 career, maybe with Minardi.

;)

Comments

• Seeing last year's drivers in the news (Bruni at GP2 and Zsolt at Imola GP as guest) makes me wonder......What happened to Bas Leinders???
  • Bruni looked real good at Imola - in both races he was solid and in the first race he did alot of passing. Passing is not common or easy in F2. The best part about his performance was his consistency - it looks as if it paid off today.

The Finn will be hard to beat for the championship but if anybody on the grid can do it Bruni can.

I wish we got to see these races in the States.
  • Well done Gimmi, already his performance in Imola was quite good.
  • congratulatinos to Bruni!
  • Forza Gimmi!
  • Well done Gimmi, but the bloke that impressed me would have to be Kovalainen. He came from 11th on the grid.
  • In race 2 Bruni crashed the car:( , but kova was out too.
    Speed take another podium an go up in the championship.

Will be very "balanced" (english for equilibrato?:rolleyes: ) season.

Forza Gimmi!
  • Forza Gimmi.

At Imola we saw young Brit Adam Carroll win the Sunday sprint race but not so in Barca.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/4526855.stm

Hmm, remember Piquet v Mansell? Could be the start of a beautiful relationship.

Adam is very good but has never had the money to contest a series properly. I hope he can string some more podiums together and get the funding. I have to say, GP2 is much better than F3000 on noise alone. Also, there are some really good drivers this year. Piquet and Heikki, obviously, are two to watch but also Gimmi, Adam, Viso, Rosberg and others. Monaco should sort them out.
  • yes, it would be nice to have gimmi back, at least, I'd like it.

Someone's english is improving:hehe:
  • :hehe:
  • From Formula-2.net:
    "Adam Carroll has won the Monaco round of the GP2 Series. The SuperNova driver took the lead with a third of the race to go after clever use of pit stop strategy.

He had been running behind Gianmaria Bruni, but the Italian left his stop too late, and Carroll passed him on the way out. Bruni held onto second, with Nico Rosberg taking the third podium spot.

Early leader and polesitter Heikki Kovalainen retains the championship points lead, but lost the chance to win the race after a disastrous pit stop. His Arden team struggled to fit new wheels to his Dallara and he dropped to thirteenth place.

However a series of retirements ahead of him, and a succession of fastest laps saw the Finn walk away with eight points from the weekend - four for a fifth place finish, with two each of pole and fastest lap."

Now kova leads with 28 points, Bruni second with 26 , Speed third with 25.

FORZA BRUNI!
    :D
  • Forza Adam and Gimmi!
  • "eikki Kovalainen has won the first of this weekend's GP2 races at the Nürburgring.

The Finn reached the front with a clever pit strategy, and held onto his lead after polesitter Giorgio Pantano flat-spotted his tyres.

The Italian finished second, to score his first race points of the season.

Nico Rosberg finished third on his home circuit. Like Kovalainen he had been demoted from his original grid spot for yellow flag infringements in yesterday's qualifying session.

He was followed home by team-mate Alexandre Premat, who passed Nelson Piquet on the final lap. "

Bruni spin and finish 8th :(
    Good job Pantano!
  • Looks like the Fin is going to take it - but I am still pulling for our man Bruni.

Any word about Scott Speed?
  • I still don't like Bruni - his attitude last year sucked, and he's back where he belongs in a feeder category. :spank:
  • I think he was moved up too quickly - a solid year in F2 could be what he needs.

• His attitude cant be that bad if he is doing well in the GP2 championship. It shows he must habe some talent seens its a single car Formula!!

Foza Gimmi!!
  • I think that Bruni and Kovalainen are the best drivers of this GP2 season (ok Viges, Carrol too;) ), but Kova is a few stronger of the Italian.
    However, FORZA GIMMI!

... is that english?
    :rolleyes: