Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Silly season 2006

2»

Comments

• Wow. I just made an entire discussion go off-topic.

I like it :D
  • And right on cue, the young lady from the US helps my argument along.

Courtesy of Crash.net - "Danica Patrick continues to see her stock rise ahead of Sunday's 89th Indianapolis 500, the Rahal Letterman rookie topping the speed charts after the final practice session.

With all drivers taking a final opportunity to fine-tune their cars before race day, Patrick - the fourth-fastest qualifier - faced a full-strength field as she posted a lap of 225.597mph in the #16 Dallara-Honda. Having also recorded the fastest single lap of the month in pre-qualifying practice, topping the one-hour final session leaves the former Toyota Atlantic frontrunner in good heart for the 500 itself.

"We weren't trying to come out here and be the fastest, but it's always good to be," Patrick admitted, "It's good for confidence, and it's good to see that your car can do it, especially having downforce on the car now as opposed to qualifying conditions. You hit terminal velocity, and your speed is your speed. I think it's good that we were fastest, and I think there were some people trying to go fastest a little bit there at the end - and we still stuck there.

"I ran the majority by myself, and that's good for us just to get a reference on where the gears are at. I don't like to be running in top gear, sitting on the limiter thinking 'I can't go any faster'. So we've got a good idea for that, what we'll change. In traffic, I noticed the car was a little bit different, so we stopped in the middle there and made an adjustment."

• new silly season rumor:
    TOIT might not take the option in Rubinho's contract for 2006!!!!!
  • Minardi could save money on grid girls with a driver like this!

good for PR as well, just sign Danica :D
  • one of the latest rumours:

Sauber taken over by BMW, Heidfeld moves back to Sauber, Williams have contacted Honda for engines.
  • We NEED this girl driving a Minardi of some sort over the USGP weekend. Absolute must, the PR she's been recieving prior to and since, the Indy 500 has been huge.

Somebody go and slap the Minardi PR office awake and tell 'em to get on it. NOW!!!!
  • Somebody go and slap the Minardi PR office awake and tell 'em to get on it. NOW!!!!

Yeah, trade our Patrick for the one and only Patrick !