Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Long Process

So I've been evaluating and considering for months, what kind of car I should get for the next three, or four years.

I looked at this:

But not enough kit for 45 grand

I really wanted this:

But a 500kg towing capcity stopped me dead.

The home-grown constant all-wheel drives had merit:

Heaps of kit and nearly 200kw (290hp) from their big sixes. I was nearly going to buy the Holden when............................................ I saw an ad for a runout on a particluar kind of Euro-Limo that I thought I couldn't afford.

A $57,000 car on the road for less than forty??

Took it for a drive and found that the hydropneumatic suspension is everything they said it was.

So I bought one.

image image

Yep, a Citroen, C5 wagon to be precise.

Crap engine at only 101kw, but it just meets the tow requirement and it has just everything.

I just hope I don't become a regular at the service depot.

Comments

• A 101kw! :o:o

It'll be lucky if it's got enough grunt to pull a horny boy scout off your grandmother!!!

Love the Ford Territory, downside is the fuel consumption, avg 20L/100km's @ $1.15 a litre, no thanks. Wouldn't go near the Holden, they're having all sorts of troubles with them I believe.
  • Lease - you have become - if you were not already - an OLD FART. If this is what a mid life crisis is then I don't want one.

But hey - that Holden looks pretty good.
  • Emmet, mid-life crisis is the 2+2 drop top.

I like being comfortable. The big thing though, was the two-zone climate control. Now she can fiddle away to her heart's content with her side, and leave mine ALONE.
  • Do you have to haul that dingy of yours hence the tow spec?
  • No, it would never have gotten Tinkerbelle out of the driveway.

The next thing looks like being a Macgregor 26 mono. Waterballasted means that it comes in at a neat tonne including the trailer:

Will probably be importing a used one from around Southern California in fact.

What I am going to do as far as having a man on the ground I just don't know.

• Congratulations for your choice!!!

My father has a Citroën XM "big cat".

• Always had lots of sympathy for citroen, especially the ds and its successors like the cx. i always wanted the cx when i was a kid.

ah.. the CX turbotwo :cool:
  • as seen in flodder
  • See, now, that's just ugly.
  • Strong words.. from a man who goes through life wearing a paper bag to hide his face.. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 24/5/2005 by printscreen]
  • I know what's ugly and I do what I need to hide it. But that thing is just wrong.
  • CX is the king. I recently used a CX in my dynamic calculations at school.

Great dragcoefficiency: 0,356

And this model came in 1974...

Just look at this beauty!

• Congrats Lease. I've always admired Citroen for its hydropneumatic suspension; it's something that sets it apart from everything else. Also, the DS is probably one of the most beautiful cars ever made, so how could one not like the brand?

I, by the way, drive a Nissan...