Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

TOIT vs Bridgestone

There has been a lot written in the press about the performance deficit of the Bridgestone rubber. Personally I think this is a blatant untruth. For the past 2 races Bridgestone tyres have posted the fastest race laps.
The problem over a single flying lap and the tyres temperature window is not insurmountable. There does seem to be problem with the TOIT chassis although we'll never hear that from Maranello. My sources tell me that there will soon be a shake up in their design office and the introduction of a revised chassis. So a lot of their testing is not for tyre development but rather chassis performance.
Having said all that I think the championship is going to distill down to a Swervemaker/ Raikkonen fight. Macca and Toit have the leading cars. Renault, Toyota come next with a squabble between BAR, Williams, Sauber and RBR to get on to the back of that group.
Minardi are leading Jordanski.
Speaking of Jordanski, is this Irvine takeover real or BS? He might be a canny businessman but I think his team management would be like his deiving, not very good!

Comments

• I think Eddie would be wise not to invest at this point. The rumor has seemed to have faded since Monaco as well.
  • Finnish MTV3 commentators also said during the Monaco race broadcast, that TOIT are redesigning the whole back of the car.

Mika Salo was another one of the commentators. He also said that the mood at TOIT was so bad that employees hardly talked to each other and even went to eat separately.
  • I'm more convinced more than ever that TOIT have a car problem. Why else have they tagged that shovel wing onto the front. No other team have seen the need to run that monstrosity
  • Nice detail is that the F2005 seems more suitable to Rubinho's driving style than it is for M$ !!!!!:)
  • Arrogance is TOIT main problem...
  • I'm actually convinced that Brigdestone has a slightly better tyre at the moment. For the last races they have had the best tyre for the races. Brigdestones problem is that they only supply one topteam.

With Michelin having the better tyre, Ferrari can only qualify in 8-12 position because there are so many good teams on Michelin. That's too far away from the front to win. If Bridgestone had more teams, the best Bridgestone team would probably be 4-6 and with a good shot at winning races.
  • In addition in a recent interview swervemaker said the problem is the whole package rather than just the tyres.