Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BORING

I do not know if you feel like me but it is a boring weekend without Grand Prix Racing.

Even without soccer, the confederations cup is not being shown on Italian TV...

Come on Magny Cours, come on!

Comments

• but it's not a weekend without Grand Prix racing - ChampCars are racing at Cleveland and MotoGP was at Assen this weekend...
  • You try to find a live broadcast of MotoGP over here Panda...
  • but it's not a weekend without Grand Prix racing - ChampCars are racing at Cleveland
    I would not classify Champ Cars as "Grand Prix"

The NASCAS boys are 39 miles from me. I had free tickets in a luxury area at my disposal.

I'm staying home.
  • i don't understand how there are still people that are seriously convinced that MotoGP is more exciting than F1. Now guess who took victory at Assen...
  • Let me guess...but onthat note why is there no outlandish amount pf pure hatred for him? He is the MS of bikes - wins everything and makes it look easy. Where are the conspiracy theories, the vitriol?

• Hmmmm........turbocharged, wide track cars with slicks and no driver aids. That sounds like GP racing to me.

http://www.eurosport.com/champcar/
  • eYs, with all that bouncing about going thru corners and those exciting street courses...

If they had stuck to ovals they would still be a contender for a world class series.

As it is now F2 is a better series. Speaking of that F2 will be seen on Speed starting with the Frenchy GP.
  • DTM was good this weekend with two young Brits on the podium.

Great cars but those Krauts do cut our anthem rather short.
  • Followed by a V 2 demonstration.
  • Gawd bless 'em.
  • eYs, with all that bouncing about going thru corners
    If that troubles you being a Minardi fan for these past years has had to be almost unbearable! I don't mind street circuits if they have a good layout. Long Beach is OK except a crummy part by a fountain. Surfers is the best though- fast with passing areas.
    If they had stuck to ovals they would still be a contender for a world class series.
    By this logic the IRL is more a world class series.
  • Cleveland - on that airport - was GREAT.

har har.

As for ovals - don't you remember the days that we all longed for the ovals? When CART went to road courses it all went bad.
  • Went to CART races at Mid-Ohio and enjoyed them......wish I had seen them run at Road America...... I'm not a big fan of ovals because when I back out of my driveway and head out to Pittsburgh...... I go up and down hills, (lots of elevation changes in these parts), I make right-hand turns along with left-handed ones, and I drive in the rain........... plus I love those standing starts...............................
  • And it wasn't too long ago that F1 had it's GP in a car parking lot at Ceasers Palace and Imola while a historic track is pure parade. It went bad when Tony George formed the IRL. CART has always been at road/street courses.

Cleveland is not too great, If they'd bother with curbing or even paint to demarcate the course it'd work fine. As it is it's just a sea of concrete til it gets rubbered in.
  • Well, backk in MY day CART only ran at I think 2 road courses. That was fine - remember the heritage of CART was from the old USAC series.

The debacles of F1 in parking lots, on the streets of Detroit and Phoenix....I cringe at the thought.

I cringe as well at the thought of a GP in Vegas - I may have to boycott that one!

Seriously - CART, or whatever they call it now, needs to make up its mind whether or not it is pure road race or ovel - but the cars look lousy on a road course IMO.
  • I prefer all track types myself- CART's heyday with big ovals, short ovals, road and street courses. A neccesary consequece of that is that the cars will be of the 'jack of all trades, master of none' variety. The series is definitely going to be street circiut-centric. A new car (finally) is being designed. Supposedly smaller, lighter and tougher- not what I would do in a perfect world but you have to go where people will pony up to see you.

I'd expect (hope) a return to that when something happens with a ChampCar/IRL hook up.

A GP in Vegas..........shudder. Although it'd be a well stocked chartered bus ride for you. It's out of left field but a GP at a modified Daytona infield course might be interesting. Talk about the belly of the beast!