Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

20 races in 2006

Grandprix.com:
Hidden away behind the smoke and mirrors of the World Council decisions and subsequent reactions, the FIA issued a calendar of 20 blocked dates for Formula 1 next year. If there are races on the dates in question, it will be an increase in the number of races once again, which costs the teams more money. The teams say that they will race 17 times next year but are willing to negotiate if more money is on offer, although some of the team bosses have made the point that with 19 races this year, the crews are already worn out and next year there will need to be two crews to keep up the pace.

The blocked dates are as follows: March 12, March 19, April 2, April 16, April 30, May 14, May 28, June 4, June 18, June 25, July 2, July 16, July 30, August 6, August 27, September 10, September 17, October 1, October 15 and October 22. It is worth noting that the summer break has been maintained and that May is light on races because of the soccer World Cup but otherwise it is going to be a tough grind if all 20 dates are filled.
I can understand about the teams' crews, but IMHO it would be great to have more races.
They just need to spread the calendar more over the year: start in February and end in November.
There are surely some countries that have good weather during those months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I thinks it more like if there will be ANY FIA World Championship Races next year
  • I personally think the more races the better and they're better when they're cramped up. Sometimes waiting 2 weeks for a grand prix is too long for me.

Also for every new country f1 ventures into it unlocks a new batch of sponsorship potential.

Also I work 6 days a week 52 weeks a year travelling all over the world. So I'd hate to hear any formula teams staff bitching. They're doing a job that we'd all give our right arms to do, so if they don't like it. Step down and go get a paperround
  • From yesterday's FIA press conference:
    Now the FIA has reserved some dates for next year: 20 races next year, including three races on successive weekends. What do you feel about that as a driver?
    KR: I haven’t seen any dates or anything, but I don’t think it makes much difference because we would be testing anyhow between races if we don’t have back-to-back. For me, it doesn’t make a difference.
  • Personally I doubt there will be 20 races next year. I would have thought that Hungary faces the chop.
    Global changes to anti tobacco legislation means that running in Hungary is no longer a bonus.
    As for the track. Its absolute rubbish. A permanent raod cousre where overtaking is impossible.
  • Agreed but Hungary will stay due to its political symbolism - they could go to Brno, of course, but I think the Hungarian establishment is v pally with Bernie.

Imola, Magny-Cours and Nurburg are the ones in the firing line.
  • why the FIA it again does not place the Argentina GP and Mexico GP in the calendar of the F1?
  • Yes, I think Argentina needs a race again.
  • Argentina won't have any race for the tiome being. As for Mexico, they won't make it in 2006 but for sure Cancun will be there in 2007. Probably to replace Indianapolis......:hehe: