Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Patrick must stay! Haylen third driver!

There are many rumours about the Minardi team this week.
Seems that Patrick still not have paid and there is already a contract with Doornbos if Friesacher does not pay before saterday.
I don't like to see Robert Doornbos in owher team, in the beginning of the season he said that he will never drive for Minardi and that it would be bad for Dutch Autosports( suddenly he wants to drive for Minardi now).
They guy is a little bit arrogant and this is not good for the team spirit that we have at the moment, also he said some low thinks about Chris, don't know the reason for that.
I like Patrick and he has a hard time at Minardi at the moment, he can't compete with Albers in the race and has problems to get the wright setups.
Paul is ofcourse a buisniss man but also a loyal man, i hope he will give Patrick a fair chance.
If there must be a new driver its better to take Zsolt, another dutch men on board is not good cause there will be a nasty fight in the media about the battle between Doornbos and Chris, Doornbos is the populair guy in the media and if they got the chance they will burn Chris down, thats not good for Chris cause he is doing great now, he is getting more and more sympathy of the team, I think Chris is for sure a faster driver then Robert, thats not the problem.
Hope PS thinks twice before he gets Doornbos on board, its not the problem that there will be a sportive fight on the track between the to, but it will be fucked up by the media cause they want to see Doornbos doing better.
Another story is that Jan Halyen (Belgium) will be the third driver in Germany and for the rest of the season, this is almost for sure!

Lets hope that Patrick will get the money!

[Edited on 4/7/2005 by MinardiSquad]

Comments

• Another story is that Jan Halyen (Belgium) will be the third driver in Germany and for the rest of the season, this is almost for sure!
    Who is he and where can I read that story ???
  • Maybe Minardisquad mean write JAN HEYLEN!

...http://www.janheylen.be/fr/index.htm;)
  • Thanks Bouc.
    I did a google on Jan Heylen Minardi and found this:
    Jan Heylen volgende Belg in F1?
    Enkel 'superlicentie' kan Kempenaar nog problemen bezorgen

De kans is groot dat Jan Heylen (25) volgende week tijdens de Britse Grand Prix achter het stuur van een F1-bolide kruipt. De jongeman uit Geel staat heel dicht bij een overeenkomst met Minardi om er de vacature van derde rijder in te vullen.
    Heylen is wat verrast als we hem vragen naar zijn nabije toekomst. ,,Het was niet de bedoeling dat dit nu al zou geweten zijn'', grijnst Heylen, in 2002 winnaar van het prestigieuze Formula Ford Festival. ,,Ik had liever gewacht tot ik absolute zekerheid heb. We zijn immers al een tijdje aan dit project aan het werken. Ik heb een paar heel goede F1-contacten weten op te bouwen en aanvankelijk was het de bedoeling dat ik vanaf Imola de plaats van derde rijder bij Minardi zou innemen. Een en ander zorgde er echter voor dat dat toen niet lukte, maar onlangs kwam men mij vragen of ik nog steeds geïnteresseerd was.''

Heylen moet wel nog een praktisch bezwaar weg werken: het behalen van de nodige superlicentie. Driehonderd kilometer aan het stuur van een F1-bolide zou hem die garanderen, maar om dat nog voor donderdag te verwezenlijken is moeilijk.

,,Een superlicentie kan ook uitgereikt worden op basis van mijn palmares'', stelt Heylen, na de Formule Ford in de F3 en F3000 actief en nu leider in de tussenstand van de Europese Mégane Trophy. ,,Dat hoop ik dan maar. Lukt het niet voor volgend weekend, dan wil ik best nog even wachten.''
    In short the article says that Heylen is working behind the scenes some time now to become 3rd driver. He was supposed to begin at Imola, but for some reason he didn't.
    Recently he was asked if he was still interested.
    There is only 1 problem: Superlicense.
    It will be near impossible to get 300km down before this weekend. If it doesn't get done in time he's prepared to wait a bit longer !!!
  • Thanks for the translation Minardus
    If the rumours are true...

Jan Heylen will need to do his 300Km for the super licence.

Does this mean minardi will be testing soon??

I wonder if he is being delayed while we get some new parts made ?? :angel:
  • Where have you been? We've been introducing aero parts practically every weekend..
  • Where have you been? We've been introducing aero parts practically every weekend..
    I didn't specify aero !!
    I spotted the double wings on the top of the engine cover at france but I havn't noticed anything else !!

what have I missed??

• The 'gills' in the rear wing end plates. A crash structure flip up. A rear wing. A front wing.
  • How do you know all this crap? You on Tilley's email list?
  • High res pictures mang!
  • Heylen told a Belgian newspaper (Limburger) yesterdat that he decided NOT to take the 3rd Minardi drive !!!!!!!!!!:spank:

Damn, less cash for the Team.
    I hope Leinders or Zsolt get the job, as they were both present in France.
  • For me it all takes sence........when friesacher doesn't pay.....doornbos will get the drive..... in order to let jordan-midland to see wich dutchie is the best of the two....so they can decide which one to take for next year....Albers is reportedly seen a lot in Jordan's motorhome with lodewijk Vareossieau. his manager. Doornbos is also seen a lot along with his manager and stoddart.

On 2nd, Doornbos has a new personal sponsor...KPN (dutch phone and mobile network company), this is just a test for 2 races for doornbos/KPN..... Like said in the media... doornbos could get the drive in germany..... france and silverstone are 2 races...then comes germany.. so doornbos will drive with KPN along his side at minardi..

DOUBLE DUTCH!
  • kpn? do they have anything comparable to money? it's a bit like having Yukos as a sponsor...
  • it's a bit like having Yukos as a sponsor...
    Well, we had a sponsor named Gazprom ........
  • i know kpn and I know that the government had to bail them out two years ago, that's why I'm asking...
  • How do you know all this crap? You on Tilley's email list?

Aren't we all? :rolleyes:
  • It would be cool if Doornbos could get the seat. Although I think that if he would stay at Jordan, consequently beating Monteiro and that Indian guy he would have had a chance with bigger teams.

By the way. I heard Bas Leinders was with the team in France as well.....
  • About KPN: after the internet hype, KPN - as others back then - were at the point that they had invested to much in other companies, and bought to much prospects, who became worthless overnight. However, since then the new Chairman of the Board has managed to revive the company, and turn hundreds millions loss into hundreds of million proffit, and to clear away almost all debts. Now it seems that there's money for some image rebuilding, and to shake off their 'former state company' image. Anyway, I'd like to see RD at Minardi, because he will be the faster one, and if he manages to bring KPN along, it would be even better...
    ;)
  • Faster then Friesacher or faster then Chris!
    If you mean Chris i think your joking, we don't know yet the speed of Doornbos cause of his friday testjob, you can't compaire that with the racedrivers.
    I am for sure that Chris is a more talented driver then RD and he will be faster.
    RD is way to overrated!

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • It would be cool if Doornbos could get the seat. Although I think that if he would stay at Jordan, consequently beating Monteiro and that Indian guy he would have had a chance with bigger teams.

A little bit unfair fight between the friday testers and the racedrivers don't you think?
    Or would you say that De La Rosa is much faster then Kimi Raikonnen?
    We can jugde RD when is in the same position like Monteiro and Kartikeyan.
  • Better take Bas Leinders, he gots more talent then Doornbos!!
  • I think it's high time that some of you come to the realisation that if we didn't have a 3rd driver by race 10, we probably aren't going to have one at all. :rolleyes:

Get over it children, whatever happened to Marchy Lee?
  • So sad that no one wants our 3rd seat.

MAybe our priceis too high.

Wouldnt we benefit more by having milage on our car??
  • Faster then Friesacher or faster then Chris
    We'll see, but looking back at the history of both guys, I recon Doornbos is faster. Don't get me wrong, Chris is doing an outstanding job, even better then I expected, because he adapted to single seater racing very quickley. However, Doornbos RD that only a few people have. Eventhough RD is developing the B spec Judas car which doesn't run troublefree at all, he still manages to get infront of those two other jokers. Anyway: We'll see when he gets a chance.

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by Selespeed]
  • So sad that no one wants our 3rd seat.

MAybe our priceis too high.

Wouldnt we benefit more by having milage on our car??
    I read in the Heylen story that the 3rd seat wouldcost € 750.000,- from Hockenheim untill the last European race !!!
  • From F1 Central:
    ) Patrick Friesacher's Minardi seat is in jeopardy, paddock gossip claims.

It is suggested that the Austrian rookie has fallen behind in due sponsor payments to Paul Stoddart's rear of the grid F1 operation.

The 24-year-old's manager, Thomas Frank - who also manages former Minardi man Zsolt Baumgartner - reportedly admitted at Silverstone to some rumblings within the Faenza located camp.

Also according to reports, Stoddart has imposed July's Hungarian grand prix as a deadline for the Friesacher cash.
    Nice gesture by Stoddie.
    It's wise to give Pat some moretime to pay up, because we don't want to lose the sponsors.
    If you dump him forsome other driver, we will most likely receive less cash!!!!
    Because if there was a driver with more cash, he would have gotten the seat at the beginning of the season, right ?
  • [quote]It would be cool if Doornbos could get the seat. Although I think that if he would stay at Jordan, consequently beating Monteiro and that Indian guy he would have had a chance with bigger teams.

A little bit unfair fight between the friday testers and the racedrivers don't you think?
    Or would you say that De La Rosa is much faster then Kimi Raikonnen?
    We can jugde RD when is in the same position like Monteiro and Kartikeyan. [/quote]
    Err, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
  • [quote]Faster then Friesacher or faster then Chris
    We'll see, but looking back at the history of both guys, I recon Doornbos is faster. Don't get me wrong, Chris is doing an outstanding job, even better then I expected, because he adapted to single seater racing very quickley. However, Doornbos RD that only a few people have. Eventhough RD is developing the B spec Judas car which doesn't run troublefree at all, he still manages to get infront of those two other jokers. Anyway: We'll see when he gets a chance.

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by Selespeed] [/quote]

"We'll see, but looking back at the history of both guys, I recon Doornbos is faster"

Where did you get this facts??
    The fact is that Albers is a mutiple winner and Champion.
    He won the Dutch karting Champion,Formula Ford Dutch,Formula Ford Benelux, he won the German F3 championship with 6 wins and 10 poles.
    F3000 was a bad year for him as you look at the result for some reasons, bad luck and in 2000 your where getting 30 minutes of practice time before qualify so it was hard for a young rookie like him.
    DTM he was top and was the best touringcar driver of the world in 2003 with 4 wins in the season and second in the championship(vice Champion).
    Doornbos did some vauxhall racing in GB and was in F3 in 2002 and 2003, he did not impress in F3 with a couple of podium but no wins and no top championship finishes, with some Financial backup he landed with Arden in 2004 F3000.
    Liuzzi was his teammate and was the whole year most of the races 1 second faster in qualify and in the race the distant was most of the time 30 seconds.
    Doornbos did drove a fantastic race in Spa and that was the reason for Eddie Jordan to get him to the Jordan Team.
    He did some other podiums that year in F3000 but was not always constant with his preformance, he ended at the end on place 3rd (44 points) in the Championship but that was so hard if you look at the Arden team in 2004 (They dominated the series like Ferrari did in 2004).
    Patrick ended that year on 5th in the championship with 33 points, but i think Patrick did a better job that year if you look at the team he was driving for if you compaired it with Arden, so why dump Patrick for Robert (ofcourse Patrick his problem is financial).
    If you only compaire Chris his F3000 year with Robert his year you could say that Robert did better, if compair 2000 with 2004 Doornbos did even better then Alonso who scored 21 points in 2000, is that reasonable?
    Albers is beating Friesacher who had a better F3000 time, but if you want to praise(or in the other way) a driver for 1 year.
    its your choice, but i don't understand that you could say that a driver who have won more then 20 races in his official racing carreer and who won 4 championships has a more worse history then a driver who scored one win and no championships, maybe you can explain your way of looking to the facts to me?
    But the history facts can't say who would be doing better in F1 ore when they get in the same team, i don't want to say that is would be a easy job but i really think Albers is the better driver and has more talent then Doornbos, but maybe Doornbos will suprise, at the moment you can't say nothing about his km in Formula 1 as a friday test driver, you can't compaire this with Monteiro or Kartikeyan, i know that Robert was dissapointed in the beginning of the season that he would not get a drive with less fuel with Jordan and in the first races Kartikeyan was most of the time faster then Robert, now it looks like Robert is doing a good job but if you look at yesterday it was a matter of less fuel run, the Dutch media is hyping his results but they must know better that you can't compair it with the racedrivers.
    So people think that Robert is the men but he only can prove this as a racedriver at he must show this with Minardi if Patrick is sacked.

I wish him goodluck and i hope he will do a good job for us, but i expect that Albers would give him a wake up call:hehe:!!

• Err, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. [/quote]

Explain it to me!
    Do you think there is a fair battle between the Racedriver and the Friday tester?

Ill give you some points:

Fridaytester:

- Looking for the wright tyre choice
    -Doing mostly 60/70 laps on friday
    -Having 4 sets of tyres
    -At the end they do most of the time low fuel runs
    -No pressure to finding the wright setup for quali and race in less then 40 laps on friday (at Minardi you will get 30 laps to find to wright setup for weekend on friday)

Racedriver:

- 40 laps on friday (30 with Minardi)
    -1 a 2 sets of tires
    -The pressure to get the wright setup for both qualify and race
    -No low fuel runs, most of the time the fuel load is the fuel load they will use in qualify and race

You can't call this a fair competition and you can't say that Doornbos is outdriving Monteiro and Kartikeyan, we don't know yet the real pace of Doornbos!
    In the beginning of the season he was dissapointed because Jordan would not let him do low fuel runs and Kartikeyan was at that moment most of the time faster then Doornbos, the last races he can do low fuel runs and it isn't strange that he is faster at the moment, he also has the new car who got 20% more downforce.

I don't want to say because of this that Doornbos is not doing a goodjob, he learns so much as Friday tester ands that good for him, but if you look at the dutch media who is hyping Doornbos because of the fact that he is faster on friday irritates me, whe have now for 3 year the Friday tester role in F1, after three years you must know what the job of the friday tester is and that you can't compair it with the other drivers, if you don't understand (like most of the dutch media do) your not taking the F1 fans seriously!!

Ciao

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • zonta better than trulli?
    delarosa better than raikkonen?;)