Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers Column: Minardi is one big Family!

Column: 1m18s. can change someone's F1 life

I was already having a massage when I heard the girls of Minardi’s catering service running and cheering out of the motorhome. That’s what I really enjoy at Minardi: they’re a big family! When a former driver like Fernando Alonso wins, Trulli takes pole or Webber does something brilliant the team is still cheering for them. That atmosphere and confidence they have in their current and former drivers is really important, especially for a young driver such as myself.

Even if I’m driving for another team next season I’ll still be dropping by very often at Minardi’s motorhome to see how things are going. But at what team I might be is still unknown. What I do know is that one minute, eighteen seconds and two hundredths of a second can change someone’s Formula 1 life. That was my qualifying time in Montreal. Five team bosses came to me after my qualifying run to congratulate me with my result (I was really surprised) and all of a sudden many more foreign journalists wanted to interview me and were linking me with teams I hadn’t even thought of driving for… That’s how fast the world of Formula 1 is moving on.

After the Canadian Grand Prix the season really started for my management. For the rest of my season? I just had to focus on beating my close rival, my team mate, and try to hunt down the Jordan drivers. But above all I’m hoping to set such a qualifying performance again and show the world my driving qualities with the Minardi car.

Good to hear that Chris is feeling so happy with the Minardi team, looks like he has taken the Minardi team into his racing heart, but if we can keep him for next season is the question?

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by MinardiSquad]

Comments

• Even if I’m driving for another team next season I’ll still be dropping by very often at Minardi’s motorhome to see how things are going. But at what team I might be is still unknown.
    ?
  • He needs to keep focus on MINARDI - if he looks too far up the grid too soon he will find himself in CART or back in DTM.

PLUS the crew does not need to hear chatter like that - at least I would not if I were busting my hump day in and out.
  • Everyone involved knows it's all about money for drivers at Minardi. Most drivers can only afford to give driving with this team one shot. Until there is an honest to bob TEAM title sponsor that's not going to change. I'd like to se Albers return, Pat too but we all know the facts and I'm sure the team does as well.
  • I agree. We take their money easily enough.

They should be able to take it wherever they want.

Would like to keep him, but the car improving is our only shot.
  • He needs to keep focus on MINARDI - if he looks too far up the grid too soon he will find himself in CART or back in DTM.

PLUS the crew does not need to hear chatter like that - at least I would not if I were busting my hump day in and out.
    A little bit overreacted i think??:rolleyes:
    Where did you read that he is not focussing on Minardi, he is the one who is getting the car quicker at moment!
    Is it wrond that he tells what kind of impact it had with that super qualify run in Montreal, he drove the Minardi like a Mclaren car!
    If you got a ambition to be very succesfull in F1 you are always looking further, is he going slower now with the Minardi after saying this, its a hard worker and i am for sure that he will work as hard as he can with Minardi for the rest of season and maybe for next season.

Ciao
  • Its bad to say, but two years driving for Minardi isn't helping a talented driver who wants to get higher up!
    I think we can be proud that Minardi gives so many talents the oppertunity to get a carriere in Formula 1!!!!

Forza Minardi

And all the drivers who drove for Minardi are loving the team, except TDW:hehe: (isn't that a good sign?)
  • Sure - if all you want to be is a feeder Team to all the rest.

I don't think that is Mr Minardi's idea of his place in F1.
  • Of course not. But reality is what it is. Getting bent up about something with which, under the circumstances is pretty silly. Your staunchness is admirable, however. Didn't GCM pride himself on finding driver talent that wound up making a mark elsewhere?

And all the drivers who drove for Minardi are loving the team, except TDW (isn't that a good sign?)
    Something tells me that Gimmi Bruni isn't exactly waxing nostalgic about 2004.
  • When Minardi was a mid field Team - well respected on the pit lane for technical abilty etc - and not just known for driver spotting - they had a fellow named P.L. Martini. He stuck it out with the team over a few seasons - maybe one too many as GCM told me that PLM could have been WDC had he moved at a particular time in is career.

Yes, in a way I am proving your point BUT what a young driver needs is seat time but look at what happened to the Giraffe? Fisi left a little early from Minardi as well. Gene did afew years but moving to a test ride has not been a boon for his RACING career.

• I agree. I'm sure you will agree that this will most likely be the situation when $8,000,000 isn't required every year. That kind of cheese isn't easy to come up with 2 years in a row for the same team.