Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Just made it out of London in time

Comments

• Those Frenchies take their Olympics way too seriously...
  • god knows but this is far more serious than I expected. this is not just a power cut as they expected earlier. this is a serious incident. got cnn and sky on and wait for details...
  • Yea, this is pretty serious it seems.

That bus got fucked up. :(
  • here we go again...

friends from London, post soon and tell us you're alright
  • Wake up people.
  • Mr and Mrs viges are fine, thanks. I was on air when our newsroom got the first calls and stayed on air for quite a while!

We always said it was a question of 'when' not 'if' but we've seen it all before. The difference from the IRA campaigns is the lack of coded warnings and the fact these look like suicide attacks. An IRA man did once blow up a bus but it went off accidentally in his lap before he could get off. Shame.

Londoners bounce back pretty quickly.

PS Quig, thanks for your 'wake up' but we've been conscious over here in the old world for quite a while!

[Edited on 7/7/2005 by viges]
  • I'm glad you and your are fine Viges old bean but as far as being awake....I am afraid we have all fallen back to a snooze. Just my opinion.
  • you can do very little against this kind of incident I'm afraid.

it doesn't matter whether you're snoozing or are awake, if somebody wants to take other people's lives by taking his own there is very, very little you can do
  • True - but just a few weeks - maybe a month ago - there was a demonstration in London by a group of radical Islamists and they were calling for the death of Tony Blair yadd yadda.

A little profiling and some targeted hunting might be a good start.
  • Number three of the Alliance struck, after US an Spain.. i'm afraid that could mean we here at Holland could be next... :(

Scares the shit out of me, i ride subways and trains everyday..

really, i felt sick to my stomach when i had to board one this afternoon.

[Edited on 7/7/2005 by printscreen]
  • Al Quada are claiming resposbibility

Death toll around the 50 mark

Bomb scare just been reported in Edinburgh

Not a pleasant day really.
  • Bad day here, especially after the jubilation of yesterday!!

Weve been here before and lived with it for years, wev had the blitz, IRA and various other tossers doing stuff to us!

Wel bounce back. There is no way of stopping these things happening, well there is one, go to 1984 style big brother state, something I am not a big fan of.

Now theyv just given Tony blair a huge amount of amunition to force through ID cards!! Somehting i am also not a fan of!!

We knew it was going to happen someday, just when was the question.

I would of expected them to do something to live8. now that would of caused a stir!!
  • it's quite pathetic isn't it, as if id cards would stop something like that...

sorry mr suicide bomber, you can't blow yourself up if you're unable to produce some ID... go figure...
  • They should close all the European borders to all Arabs as soon as possible. Sorry but there is just no other way to end this shit.

• My sympathies to all who were effected in a way or another by this act of terrorism.

However the solution is not to close all European border to all Arabs, you're generalising too much.
  • Cunts :spank:
  • They should close all the European borders to all Arabs as soon as possible. Sorry but there is just no other way to end this shit.
    so what will your fso run on then?

nah please, this is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
  • Bring back capital punshment for these type of criminals!!

Also bring back corpral punishment aswell! Thats what will sort this country out!!
  • you think a suicide bomber will be worried about capital punishment?
  • I prefer to live in as free and open of a society as possible. Over-reacting and becoming xenophobic does nothing except make us more like those who carry out this nonsense without preventing anything.

As STE said you can't do it without becoming a total police state. If Russia can't stop the Chechens being a hell of a lot further down that path than the West, then better to remain as we are.

FORZA LONDONERS!!!
  • True, but the ppl who told them to do it will be!!
  • Yeah, he'll be shitting his pants in Karachi.
  • I think thay should bring back corpral punisment aswell as i said earlier.
    Read this

http://www.borstal.skinheads.co.uk/borstalhorse.htm
    hmmm I wonder what would reform offenders, this or mollycoddeling them and giving hardened criminals 'knitting' classes
  • I prefer to live in as free and open of a society as possible. Over-reacting and becoming xenophobic does nothing except make us more like those who carry out this nonsense without preventing anything.
    In my view, this principle becomes more important through our current times, than less.

As far as 'waking up' is concerned Quig, is it not a fact that greater information sharing is leading to more of these plots being thwarted than actually happen? The decision by Governments to not advertise their wins in this regard is a sound one in my opinion.

You simply cannot stop the suicide bomber using restrictive freedom practices. More likely, would be methods of making prospective targets harder to get at. This can be psychological as well as physical.

I was recently working for an organisation that amongst its businesses were 4,500 retail shops. These shops were all high cash collectors and yet they are never robbed. There are no slamming screens or armed guards, or anything obvious for that matter. What they do have is the result of a great deal of research and testing into what makes a venue unattractive for an opportunistic, or a planned robery. The outcome is they never get robbed. This is the sort of thing that security agencies ought to be including in their considerations in regard to terrorism.

One thing that I do wonder about, particularly in a city as 'observed' as London is, is whay all those spy cameras don't have bomb sniffers attached. Broad brush maybe, but certainly something in the right direction?

Comiserations to Londoners on this latest tragedy.

• RJ, the end justifies the means in this case. The problem is that Arabs are now going through something that Europe went through during the Middle Ages, it's just that the methods of killing 'unfaithful' people in the name of the only wise god have changed today because of modern technologies.
    Ok you say not all of them are fanatic and take their religion to the extreme. I agree, there are many normal people among them for sure. But just try to recall all those stories from Arabic TV channels after 9/11, 95% of all the casual people were celebrating out there. I will never forget that.
    We either isolate from Arabs now or give them a chance to make Hitler look not so bad.
  • So Fox what woul,d you have done 15-20 years ago, closed all European borders Irishmen/women???

Doesn't work like that, for one, you can't watch every yard of your border 24/7 and do it effectively. Niether does bombing them all into kingdom come.

Hearts and minds. Get the good guys on your side and seek their help in scurging "their" people of this menace.

Glad to hear all our Londoner people are ok. The Brit resilience was amazing, from the footage we saw here, the way people handled the situation was incredible. The "Blitz" mentality they were calling. Brilliant.
  • Hearts and minds. Get the good guys on your side and seek their help in scurging "their" people of this menace.
    What I would like to see is the GREATER Islam community come out and show where their loyalty truly is. Like turning in the bad amongst them.

I will not hold my breath for this to happen.
  • Geez I must be the last man on the Planet not to have heard about the bombings. Pulled another 18 hour shift yesterday just fell into bed last night without hearing the news. To all my UK buddies my condolences. Hope you and your families are OK. There's some seriously F***ked up people around thats for sure.
  • my view on the only way to stop these cowardly bastards who brain wash helpless weakminded, dying of cancer or vd or aids with rewards for their families to create suicide missions are the following:

1.0 get bush off the usa government and withdraw all international presence in the middle east, afghanistan, south america, turket and elsewhere in the third world.

2.0 let the middle east and elsewhere rot with the genocidal, feudalistic and cruel feudal dictatorial rulers if need to.

3.0 solve the palestinian issue once and for all.

then these cowardly bastards have zit reasons to attack/kill anybody else as they would have little cause and sympathy but will be too preoccupied fighting these rulers (see 2.0 above or be killed by them.

wake up usa and wake up britain especially those who vote in and keep bush and blair.

• So many issues ...

- Islamic leaders in London have condemned the bombings. Muslims were among the dead and injured yesterday. These attacks have nothing to do with individual governments. This is a tiny, perverted minority trying (and failing) to bring down Western civilisation. If anything, they loathe Westernised muslims more than the 'infidel'.

- Scotland Yard, MI5 and MI6 certainly have prevented big attacks since 9/11 - in alliance with the CIA and others. As RJ says, you can't stop suicide bombers all the time. They only need to be 'successful' once. In general, I think infiltration of these groups has been very good (something we're rather good at thanks to the IRA years).

- London has bounced back already. The mood here is one of calm defiance.

What a week! Live 8, Olympics and now this - you can't have the highs without some lows.

This is a great city so don't stop coming. I may even buy you a pint of warm English beer.

Not you, Quig, obviously. Campari, is it?

Forza, viges.