Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bring on The Swerve!

How'd you all like this- http://crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=1&nid=115525

He looks like a guy I knew who dealt in 'consumer non-durables.'

[Edited on 23/7/2005 by dst]

Comments

• Only if it remains Minardi. I won't support Irvine F1.
  • Only if it reemains Minardi, resides in Faenza and GCM still has input.
  • Only if it remains Minardi, is based in Faenza, GCM still has input and Eddie gets a haircut.
  • Paul has more or less confirmed this rumor. They spoke in Monaco briefly when Irvine was still talking to Shnaider and now plans to see him again at Hockenhiem.
  • Its still speculation. I would be happy with it if we keep our identity as a team. I don't want us ending up like Jordan who used to have a rock and roll feel to the team.
  • :mad:
    if that happens I will start supporting TOIT!
    (nowadays TOIT looks closer to Minardi after all - look at Barrichello qualifying lap at Germany!:D
  • Read that Stoddart wants a $35 million deposit before he will talk serious about selling. Irvine's group has changes focus because Midland wanted $105 million.

Read somewhere that Stoddarts said this.

"I would love to have talks with Hyundai but I have had no approach from them at all. But that is the kind of way I would like Minardi to go. A company like Hyundai would be a perfect partner for a team like Minardi. I think that really would work."

That would be nice but only if we kept the Minardi name.
  • Show me the cash - Stoddart
    'We are the only team for sale'

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart says he is fed up with timewasters negotiating to buy his team and told any interested parties to put their money up front if they want to enter talks. Rumours at Hockenheim this weekend linked a consortium led by former Formula One driver Eddie Irvine with a possible Minardi buy-out but Stoddart denied he has had any dealings with the Ulsterman since the Monaco Grand Prix in May.

"There are people sniffing around but we have had too many false starts so I am going by numbers now," Stoddart said. "You just can't take any of it seriously unless there is money on the table. I want to stress that we have not had any discussions with Eddie (Irvine). I spoke to him back in Monaco on a what-if basis but I believed at that time that they were looking at Jordan."

"I am aware he is shopping, but they are one of five people that I know are shopping at the moment. We are the only team for sale, I think everyone accepts that, and I have made it clear I would always be willing to sell. I would always sell to someone if I thought the team could go further under them than it could under me, nothing has changed since September 11 in 2001, but I have always made it clear that it would have to be the right one."

Stoddart declared recently that this would be his final season in Formula One if FIA President Max Mosley retains his position at the head of the governing body in the elections later this year.

He called for Mosley's resignation following the United States Grand Prix, when the seven Michelin teams were forced to pull out of the race because of safety concerns over their tyres. But Mosley's position appears to have strengthened and Stoddart could be looking for a quick exit by the end of the year after growing disillusioned with the sport during his time on the inside.

He began at Minardi with a five-year plan to turn them into a regular points-scoring team but severe budget constraints coupled with the increase in manufacturer-backed teams has left the team rooted at the back of the pack. He believes Minardi needs a manufacturer partner to move further forward and, with rumours that Hyundai are looking seriously at the sport.

"I would love to have talks with Hyundai but I have had no approach from them at all. But that is the kind of way I would like Minardi to go. A company like Hyundai would be a perfect partner for a team like Minardi. I think that really would work."
  • IMHO Urvine with russian money sounds like a recipe for disaster. Lukily the rumours are coming from 'The Sun':rolleyes:

Paul has shown this weekend that the PS05 development is going well.:cool:
    Maybe the 5 year plan has not progressed as well as any of us hoped but that is mostly due to increased budgets by other teams.

I say hang on to PS and keep the Minardi name and spirit.:angel: