Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What about Christijan Albers

What will the future bring for this Fellow and what are your impressions of him till now?
Will he drive another year for Minardi or will he go the same sort of traject like Webber,Fisichella,Trulli or Alonso?
And what do you like about him or what do you don't like about him:)

Ciao

Comments

• I'm sure he will have a great future in Formula 1.

Staying with Minardi? Doubt it. Maybe for another year, but not more than this.

What I like about him? He came to the camping-place at Hockenheim and was definitly a nice guy! He was also the only driver who came out on sunday after the race was finished to celebrate with the fans.

Oh, and he's fast, by the way :hehe:
  • Both Doornbos and Albers are offered a contract by Midland.
  • When JV gets sacked and if Heidfeld decided he doesn't want to follow BMW down the grid, BMW might offer Chris a cheap contract based on his excellent drive at Hockenheim last Sunday !!!!!!!

Who knows ??
  • CA definitely seems to be the next big thing to come out of faenza.

would love to have him with us for another year but i fear that is not possible.

he would be silly to go to Midland though as that team is not looking healthy by any means. all of shnaiders promises seem to be little more than hot air.

tough call where he will end up. red bull maybe? dc is said to leave for bar
  • DC to BAR? Where did you hear that? He just signed a contract for 2006.
  • It's been a long time since a driver stayed at Minardi for more than a year. However, I really can't see Midlands being a better option.

Looking up and down the grid and for the first time I can't see any options for Albers to take. I hope he can stay with us for another year........
  • Well, he got some compliments from Bridgestone for the race in Germany. He surprised me in a positive way I must admit. He doing a fine job last few races.
  • Christijan has surprised me as well. I definitely see him at a bigger team next season. For some reason I can really see him as a team mate to Alonso.
  • F1racing.net:
    Sato seat in doubt

Speculation is rife that Takuma Sato will be lucky to retain his BAR seat next year. The Japanese, supported by team co-owner Honda, is frequently and comprehensively outpaced by team mate Jenson Button, and is the only '05 driver except Robert Doornbos to have failed to score a single point. "It's been a tough season, no doubt about it," said Sato, 28.

There are some drivers named in the paddock that could be in the race for a seat at BAR. Rubens Barrichello has been named, but also Christijan Albers might be one of the drivers that could replace Sato. Albers is having a very strong F1 debut at the Minardi F1 team currently.

Albers' management though didn't want to comment on any speculations. "At the moment we are focussing on the 2005 season," Albers' manager Varossieau told F1Racing.net. "We don't want to comment on any speculations concerning next season yet."
  • Albers manager Varossieau claims today in a national newspaper, that both Minardi and Midland have offered Albers a seat for next season. A smart guy would stay; 'continuity' is the key word here.
  • albers is doing fine, I'd like to have him another year in Minardi. Probably it won't be bad for him to gain some more experience.
  • Personally, if it was me, i'd be off to Midland. At least they will be running a V8.
  • somehow you have to wonder whether they'll be running at all. it seems as if Midland are learning the Gazprom lesson at the moment
  • What will the future bring for this Fellow and what are your impressions of him till now?
    With F1, who knows? He may end up being another Nick Hedfeld (last year at Jordan) in that his "stock" will contine to raise even though the team is struggling.

Will he drive another year for Minardi or will he go the same sort of traject like Webber,Fisichella,Trulli or Alonso?
    As long as the Minardi Team is not sold, I think he will be here for another year. Don't forget, there are a number of good Friday and GP2 drivers out there including Liuzzi, Speed, Ant Davidson, Pizzonia and Rosberg already in the Red Bull, Ex-Williams and BAR stable. I also think Giancarlo Fisichella is going to be looking for a job after the season.

And what do you like about him or what do you don't like about him
    Not sure I am nearly as qualified to answer this question as the rest of you who have met the man. In 04 he managed a race win and 6 podium results putting him 3rd overall in DTM championship. What more needs to be said?

Personally, I love the way the hustles the car around the track. When I watched him hang the rear end of the car out through an ENTIRE turn at Magny Cours (and not loose it), I realized I was watching greatness just looking for a place to happen.

[Edited on 31/7/2005 by echoshill]

[Edited on 31/7/2005 by echoshill]
  • His manager said today to a newspaper Christijan will race next year, no doubt about that. At the moment he can race for Minardi or Midland. Even with a V8 in the back Midland is not an option, and the most important thing: his manager said he did not want to wait until next year Ferbruary...so maybe we will see Christijan sign a contract very soon. With Minardi of course. :)
  • It would be nice to see some consistency in drivers for a change.
  • I think he'll stay with Minardi 1 or 2 more seasons, with the team developing as well as it has done over 2004 and 2005 there really is no reason to switch...

Having said that if a big team would offer me a seat what would I do.... :rolleyes:

But I hope he'll stay and work with Minardi on getting them up the team ladder.
  • I am not so certain he would stay based on improvement, as we are still a back marker.

BUT……………………………..

I believe he may stay based on the old adage of better a devil you know (Stoddart) than one you do not.

• Minardi may want him and he may want to stay...............but it's awfully tough to ask your sponsors to cough up again on what was almost certainly sold to them as a one year stepping stone.
  • Good point dst.

However, his sponsors will likely have to some up with some money where ever he goes and that "where ever" may be even more uncertain than Minardi. At lease with us, for better or worse, a sponsor pretty much knows what they are going to get.
  • By the way....would admin please take a look into why I receive (2) emails for every (1) post.

Thanks
  • Well, the dutch mentality is a bit different. As long as you compete, and try your very best, people love it. Look at Verstappen; never won anything, occasionally showed some good driving skills, and that's all they wanted to see. So another year Minardi will be met with great (and maybe increased) enthousiasm!
  • echoshill, who was the interview with?
  • echoshill, what do you receive emails about?
  • Not sure what you mean about an interview, all of my comments were just my opinioin. If I said something that inferred an outside source...I am really sorry.

The emails are from the forum notifying me of a response. For every one response, I get (2) emails.

Echo
  • I think Selespeed is right about the Dutch ppl watching F1, they want to see 'their' drivers (who would have thought I could ever use the word in driverS instead of driver!) compete in the best racing event there is.

Now with Doornbos added to the team is al the more exciting, competition within the team does wonders for the perfomance.

With regard to the sponsors, I don't think all sponsors would stay with CA is he'd switch teams, other teams require a lot more money and as an example, o2neutral.nl, is only directed at the dutch market, he gets a lot publicity here.
    So they are paying less to reach exactly their market...
  • echoshill... I haven't got a clue what the problem is, i didn't write the code for the message boards:hehe:

dartagenda: well said. Minardi gets so much coverage on dutch tv now that it's completely plausible to invest even if you're not a global player.
  • echoshill... I haven't got a clue what the problem is, i didn't write the code for the message boards:hehe:
    Anything I might be able to help with? I'm not an ace at PHP or messageboards but hey, who knows :cool: