Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi pit laners

Is it just me or is the Minardi pit lane team a bit ... well ...er ...off the pace .....compared to the others?

I always get the impression they double up with other jobs .

" Can you drive the truck to Silverstone Giacomo .... and then do the petrol for Albers ...."

Perhaps I am doing them a disservice -- but I suspect not.

Comments

• Is it just me or is the Minardi pit lane team a bit ... well ...er ...off the pace .....compared to the others?

I always get the impression they double up with other jobs .

" Can you drive the truck to Silverstone Giacomo .... and then do the petrol for Albers ...."

Perhaps I am doing them a disservice -- but I suspect not.
    I'd say the disservice quote is correct. Yes they do double maybe some triple up there jobs but this is the norm along with Jordan, and i'd imagine all teams have some double up jobs. I for one think the guys do a great job. Regarding being off the pace I havent seen any problems. It was quick thinking to spot Dooknobs puncture last weekend eventhough it cost a stop and go penalty it must have been quicker than sending him out to do a lap on a flat tyre.
  • Alright point taken about doubling up

Its just that during one TV cut away to the pitlane some of the body language didnt seem to be exactly bristling with anticipation .

And what about that " double take " lollipop bloke ..... off you go....no you dont .... well alright then .

I wonder if Albers was happy with that?
  • I think the lollypop man sneezed.

I thought that was for Doorknobs 10 second penalty and thought that he might have had to do it again for only doing 9.5 seconds.

I think our pit screw should dress up as cartoon characters. Can you imagine the press. They'd love it. Mickey Mouse adding some front wing, Bugs Bunny cleaning the air intakes. We'd get some good press
  • Back in the day Minardi pit actions were considered some of the pitlane's best - no partisanship involved.

But now it seems they are off the pace but how to get practice time in when the Team is so small and too much work to do on a daily basis.
  • tyre pressure sensors would be nice. Removing the cap, checking pressures and putting the cap back on is sooooo slow.
  • and not putting it on is even sssssss... lower.
  • tyre pressure sensors would be nice. Removing the cap, checking pressures and putting the cap back on is sooooo slow.
    Yes, but it was a BStone engineer that does this !!!!
    Shouldn't he at least have a modern sensor ?????