Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

NOT SPEAKING

According to RAI, our two Dutch drivers do not speak with each other. The reason being that Albers at one time had a girlfriend who was.... Doornbos sister! Moreover, there is big rivalry. Do you think this helps the team or not?

Comments

• Has good and bad points:

Good: They will want to beat the other guy, so go as fast as they can - the winner has the pride at getting one over on the other

Bad: Its just not good for the team spirit when 2 of the main part of the team dont get along.
  • Ahahahaha! This sounds too good to be true...
  • Cheerings and celebratings in the Minardi pitbox by members of the Albers crew when Robert got hit by Villeneuve doesn't sound that good to me...
  • Cheerings and celebratings in the Minardi pitbox by members of the Albers crew when Robert got hit by Villeneuve doesn't sound that good to me...
  • I can confirm that they are not friends, because I heard the same.

Personally i don't care if they aren't speaking each other in the pit, but if they are sitting in the car and racing then they have to remember one thing... They are teammates!. I hope they can fotget their conflict on the race days and they won't do something stupid...

• At Minardi, more than ever, your biggest rival is your team-mate.

Chris and Bobby have been fighting for Dutch sponsorship for years so it's only natural (and good) that they are rivals.
    haha it also sounds like a load of crap.
  • haha it also sounds like a load of crap.
    Sorry, but it's not:

Oranje oorlogje
    zondag, 31 juli 2005 15:27 uur
    Hopelijk reageerden de leden van het Christijan Albers-kamp deze keer wat sportiever op de problemen van Robert Doornbos, die in Hongarije de finish niet haalde. Nadat Doornbos in Hockenheim was aangereden door Jacques Villeneuve stonden de Albers-aanhangers in de garage van Minardi van blijdschap te springen en te juichen. Ik hoop dat Paul Stoddart ze heeft laten weten dat zoiets ongepast is. De onderlinge teamstrijd tussen de Nederlanders bij Minardi moet wel leuk blijven.

Try babelfish or ask RJ for the translation, this article is written by one of the main dutch F1-journalists who is pretty close to the team.
  • Albers crew: that would be Liselotte, and Lodewijk. Imagine: one does a silly dance combined with a high-pitched cry of joy, and offcourse Liselotte standing smiling....;)
  • Let's hope they don't crash in each other in the next GPs in the name of their rivalry!

• Let's hope they don't crash in each other in the next GPs in the name of their rivalry!