Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Can Artam rumour again?

Did anyone know something about the second wave of Can Artam rumour? Its said Can is going to do a show drive in Istanbul on 21 August?

Comments

• Since we are in need of a test driver with a super license it could be useful.

How much money does he have for a one off and how muych conflict would there be with the GP2 series which will be concurrent?
  • Exhibition=okay

Race/Friday tester=not okay

• As far as i know its just a show drive for 21 August but it seems Can is going to be the Friday driver or 2nd driver for 2006. Original Press release Ar racing. I dunno how much money Mr.Stoddard and Can's manager are discussing but its a good opportunity for Turkey's tourism promotion efforts.
    Like the Red Bull car, minardies could have "Turkey" logos in 2006 of course there is going to be a certain amount of money?
    how much does it costs for a whole season advertising agreement?
  • jello: who cares who our third driver is on a friday. anything is okay as long as it brings money and extra mileage. in all fairness, he should be MUCH better than Nissany
  • in all fairness, he should be MUCH better than Nissany
    my three year old daughter should even be much better than him.. :hehe:
  • Really dunno how fast or talented he is but, i know he's from israel and quite old :)

Forza Can :D
  • jello: who cares who our third driver is on a friday. anything is okay as long as it brings money and extra mileage. in all fairness, he should be MUCH better than Nissany
    I think though that we DO have to weigh the pro's and con's of guys like Nissany driving timed laps for us. At which point does their money not compensate for the damages caused?

Hopefully in the case of Artam he'd have to do 300km of testing for his license and thus the team will be able to tell if he'll be on pace or not.

• If any of you will be in istanbul at 21 august, it'll be my pleasure to meet. u can send e-mail when ur here or just call me friends hope to see u in istanbul

e-mail:emrecirik@hotmail.com
    cellular:+905322666160
  • Artam can be no more harmful than Nissany to the team. They obviously aren't worried too much about pace if they already have Nissany in the friday car.
  • If any of you will be in istanbul at 21 august, it'll be my pleasure to meet. u can send e-mail when ur here or just call me friends hope to see u in istanbul
    I won't go, but it surely would be nice to visit Istanbul again. I've been there about 18 years ago......(I'm pretty old I guess) and found it an exciting city. You can experience West and East at the same time.
    Enjoy the GP !!

P.S. I heard they want to get rid off those open ferryboats. What a shame!!
  • We wont let people to get our open ferries, thanks for ur support ;)
  • The Dutch site F1today.nl claims that Artam is very close to signing a testcontract for 2006. Artam is quoted saying that he is very pleased withe the outcome of the negotiations so far. Further he states that he wants to be competetivend and that the team he talks with very competetive is (that must be Minardi...). Driving a Minardi next GP as a demonstration is also still an option.
    Can Artam in 2006 vrijdagtester in de Formule 1

De Turkse GP2-coureur Can Artam zou dichtbij een overeenkomst zijn om in 2006 in de Formule 1 uit te komen als testcoureur op de vrijdagen van de Grand Prix weekenden.

"We zijn al een tijd aan het onderhandelen met diverse teams, en we zijn nu eindelijk op het punt aangekomen dat ik erg blij ben met de uitkomst van die onderhandelingen", aldus Can Artam.

Artam wordt al langer in verband gebracht met de Formule 1. De verwachtingen waren echter dat hij tijdens de volgende Grand Prix in Turkije enkele demonstratierondjes zou rijden in de Minardi. Dit is overigens nog steeds mogelijk.

Verder had Can Artam nog het volgende te melden: "Ik ben een racer, en net als iedere andere racer, wil ik competitief zijn in de Formule 1 en niet achteraan meerijden in het veld. Er zijn veel speculaties bij welk team ik de volgende stap in mijn carrière zal gaan maken. Momenteel wordt aan de laatste details gewerkt en zodra het contract getekend is zullen we dit bekend maken. Het enige dat ik nu kan zeggen is dat het een zeer competitief team is."

Geplaatst: 11-08-2005 (09:49:10)
  • meanwhile my fellow student jason will do a promotional run for jordan next week
  • There is a story on Can Artam on the F1.com website;

"He certainly doesn't lack confidence, saying that he's decided to follow the advice of senior Formula One executives and do things properly rather than rushing into a demonstration that has no real value ..."

So is Max Mosley now dissuading young pay-drivers from taking business to Minardi?