Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

MICHAEL WINS HIS 8TH IN 2005 AND RETIRES!!

michael schumacher wins his 8th wdc title in 2005 and retires!!

The Formula 1 Crystal Ball - Dale Calkins

- The Turkish Grand Prix – The searing heat sees Michelin excel in Turkey, with Raikkonen taking top honors from Alonso and Schumacher. Alonso still leads the chase with 95 points and Raikkonen follows with 71, closing the gap by two. Schumacher is now on 61, 34 points behind Alonso.

- The Italian Grand Prix – Not to be outdone on home soil, Schumacher takes pole position on much improved Bridgestone tyres and dominates the race, winning by 30 seconds over Button and Raikkonen. Alonso fails to finish after suffering a hydraulic failure. Raikkonen now moves to 78 points, now only 17 points behind Alonso. Schumacher now moves up to 71 points.

- The Belgian Grand Prix – After starting from 12th because of his early retirement in Italy, the best Fernando Alonso can do is a fifth place finish. Kimi Raikkonen takes an extremely close fought victory as he and Schumacher battle hard as the rain starts to fall in the final 10 laps. Schumacher takes second, with Rubens taking a surprise third. Kimi now moves to 88 points, only 11 points behind Fernando who now has 99 points. Schumacher closes up as well and is now on 79 points.

- The Brazilian Grand Prix – Juan Pablo Montoya shines in Brazil once again as he takes a flag to flag victory in the McLaren. Raikkonen suffers yet another engine failure on the 14th lap. This allows Schumacher to take second place over a much-improved Jenson Button with Alonso finishing fourth. Alonso now has 104 points, with Schumacher moving into second with 89 points.

- The Japanese Grand Prix – Schumacher has the pole, eclipsing Ayrton Senna’s record of 65. He battles hard with Montoya for the entire race but in the end looses out to the superior grip of the Michelin tyres. Raikkonen takes third as he battles hard with Alonso who would fall further back and finish in seventh as he looses third gear. Schumacher is now on 97 points, with Alonso on 106. Raikkonen is now out of the chase as he has 94 points.

- The Chinese Grand Prix – The last race of the season will prove to be one of the most exciting races ever. Alonso’s championship victory is almost certain, as he only needs to score one point. Fernando’s possibilities take turn for the worst as he suffers a huge engine failure during his qualifying run. Now Schumacher needs to take the victory and have Alonso score no points to take the championship. Schumacher goes out to qualify but runs wide at turn six, sliding off on Alonso’s spilt oil. This means that Schumacher and Alonso will start side by side on the last row of the grid.

Fernando and Michael battle extremely hard and on lap ten, Schumacher is first and Alonso is second. This incredible show of driver prowess is all cut short as Alonso goes into the final corner to pass back marker Zsolt Baumgartner, who is filling in for the injured Christijan Albers. Baumgartner doesn’t realize that Alonso is passing him and he closes the door. Fernando then is catapulted into the air over Zsolt, and his championship chances are over. Schumacher only needs to win now to take the championship, though Kimi Raikkonen has caught back up with the 7-Time World Champion after a pit stop problem early in the race. The final nine laps are nothing but pure brilliance as Schumacher and Raikkonen swap positions at every bend. The last lap is incredible as Schumacher makes the pass on Raikkonen at the final corner to take the victory.

Michael Schumacher then wins the World Championship by a single point over Fernando Alonso and five points over Kimi Raikkonen. Schumacher then announces that he shall retire from the world of Formula 1, after taking his eighth World Championship and finally beating every Formula 1 record.

August 8, 2005

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s85/st78832.htm?fromrss=1

Comments

• Fantastic story, Facty!
    If it really happens, I swear I will become a Buddhist monk.:D
  • and here's the tip, manlio...

follow above predictions, place your bets as forecast from hungary onwards and you'll pip biker by a point!

oops, i meant from istanbul onwards...after a 19 point gap to biker's not that great a hurdle...

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by FactyCrab]
  • Does anyone know who stole my crystal ball? :mad:
  • :Dthe joke of the year! well done for your imagination!:D
  • biker, sorry for your prothesis, you still got one ball left.
  • :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I'll have to be more carefull deciding who's getting into my pants......... You can't trust anyone these days :spank:

• If that happens, I'll personally walk over to China and slap Schumacher in the face with a prize winning trout, for his sheer luck.

It would partially reflect a dream I once had (in feb 2004) of slapping Ross brawn, technical director of ferrari with a leather glove. Well, he was boasting that Ferrari would cruise to the 2004 titles.

D'oh!