Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi + Zandvoort + DTM

MINARDI STEPS UP ZANDVOORT PROGRAMME

LEDBURY, ENGLAND, August 23, 2005 – Following on from the recent news that the Minardi F1 Team will participate in a special programme at the Zandvoort round of the DTM (German Touring Car Championship) on August 28, involving Christijan Albers carrying out a series of high-speed demonstration laps in a 2005-specification Minardi Cosworth PS04B, the team is today pleased to confirm that it will also field one of its two-seater Formula One cars at the event. The F1x2 chassis will be driven by Robert Doornbos, who will give a number of lucky spectators the ride of a lifetime around the famous Dutch circuit.

“When we were first asked to participate in this proposed programme at the Zandvoort round of the DTM, we readily agreed, as it fits in perfectly with Minardi’s longstanding aim of making Formula One more accessible to the fans,” says Team Principal, Paul Stoddart. “By including Robert and one of our two-seater cars in the day’s activities, courtesy of support from host sponsor, CO2, we’re able to provide an even more exciting programme for the spectators, and will hopefully contribute to their overall enjoyment of what I’m sure will be a tremendous event.”

In response to considerable speculation in the Dutch media concerning the colour scheme of the car Doornbos will be driving at Zandvoort, Stoddart explained, “The livery of Robert’s car will be based on the 2005 Minardi F1x2 colours of black and white, but designed in such a way as to accommodate the contracted, highly distinctive branding from event sponsor CO2, as well as the logos of companies that have pledged their support to this one-off programme. That’s all we’re prepared to say at the moment. The fans will have to come to Zandvoort on Sunday if they want to see what all the excitement is about!”

- Ends -

Comments