Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

First F1 memory ?

2»

Comments

• I've been watching F1 since years before, but the first I can actually remember is Adelaide 91, when I was 7 years old.
    The rest of the family went out swimming and I stayed home with my grandfather so I could watch the race.
    Fell asleep half way through..... some things never change :hehe:
    Adelaide 91? You couldn't watch 14 laps- the shortest F1 race in living memory? :) That race was red-flagged because Adelaide became underwater that day-it rained so much it was totally unsafe.

Think Spa 98, only worse.
  • ^ Pretty sad effort for me hey!
  • I have a faint memory of Gilles Villeneuve's death, then I remember well Patrese winning the Monaco GP '82, 2 weeks later, and the Paletti's and Pironi's accidents.
    Some faint memories of 1983, then from 1984 I remember everything perfectly.
    Specially the end, with Lauda catching 2nd place at Estoril thanks to Mansell crashing 11 laps to the end, and clinching the title by half a point over Prost.
    And remember perfectly also Senna's performance in Monaco on a Toleman, chasing Prost, and poor Stefan Bellof (he would have had a great career) chasing both, if Jacky Ickx did not stop the race.

But I'll better stop, or I may cry, Ger, Quig, Murph and Spin can realize what's the bitter flavour of things we've lost.

Salvo, this thread shows that we're among the veterans on this forum!!!!